How to Log In As Administrator?

How do I do this? I'm trying to set up my new MP3 and says this is the first
step before setting up the software. Can't find the answer.

Original Administrator Account Does Not Appear During Friendly Logon Method
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281992&Product=winxp

Enable Administrator account on Welcome Screen
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_admin_ok.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"devster" wrote:

| How do I do this? I'm trying to set up my new MP3 and says this is the first
| step before setting up the software. Can't find the answer.

If you have done nothing to change your classification from when the system
was installed, you likely ARE logged in as an administrator. The warning is
just to let you be aware of the fact. It is not telling you that you ARE
logged on as anything else.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"devster" <devster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I do this? I'm trying to set up my new MP3 and says this is the
> first
> step before setting up the software. Can't find the answer.

Hi,

To access the default administrator account:

In WinXP Pro, hit ctrl+alt+delete twice at the logon screen and type it in.

In WinXP Home, you must restart and enter Safe mode by hitting F8 at
startup. The administrator logon will be one of the options. For installing
software, you should only have to use an account with administrator
privileges in normal mode, not "the" administrator account in Safe mode.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone