How to Log In As Administrator?

How do I do this? I'm trying to set up my new MP3 and says this is the first
step before setting up the software. Can't find the answer.
3 answers Last reply
More about administrator

    Original Administrator Account Does Not Appear During Friendly Logon Method
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281992&Product=winxp

    Enable Administrator account on Welcome Screen
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_admin_ok.htm

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "devster" wrote:

    | How do I do this? I'm trying to set up my new MP3 and says this is the first
    | step before setting up the software. Can't find the answer.

    If you have done nothing to change your classification from when the system
    was installed, you likely ARE logged in as an administrator. The warning is
    just to let you be aware of the fact. It is not telling you that you ARE
    logged on as anything else.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "devster" <devster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do I do this? I'm trying to set up my new MP3 and says this is the
    > first
    > step before setting up the software. Can't find the answer.

    Hi,

    To access the default administrator account:

    In WinXP Pro, hit ctrl+alt+delete twice at the logon screen and type it in.

    In WinXP Home, you must restart and enter Safe mode by hitting F8 at
    startup. The administrator logon will be one of the options. For installing
    software, you should only have to use an account with administrator
    privileges in normal mode, not "the" administrator account in Safe mode.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "devster" <devster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do I do this? I'm trying to set up my new MP3 and says this is the
    > first
    > step before setting up the software. Can't find the answer.

Windows XP