Error messages in tandum!!!

Hi, I'm having trouble with my computer:
two boxes come up, the top one is from Zone Alarm saying.
the firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer
( TCPPort 1080) from 66-188-217.roc.mn.charter.com) (66. 188. 186. 217) (
TCP Port 2202) (TCP Flags: S)

then underneath that box is the long box that says SPYWARE DOCTOR
access vioation at address 02bb296D
in module 'bhomonitor. dII' read of address 00000034
when I ok them both the p.c turns itself off.

If i then turn the p.c on again I can then get to all my programmes.
Is there any hope i can get it back to normal.
I'm new to all this and don't know where to start. Can anybody give me
instructions in the simplest terms please.
Thanks
Mum

J.J. wrote:
> Hi, I'm having trouble with my computer:
> two boxes come up, the top one is from Zone Alarm saying.
> the firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer
> ( TCPPort 1080) from 66-188-217.roc.mn.charter.com) (66. 188. 186.
> 217) ( TCP Port 2202) (TCP Flags: S)
>
> then underneath that box is the long box that says SPYWARE DOCTOR
> access vioation at address 02bb296D
> in module 'bhomonitor. dII' read of address 00000034
> when I ok them both the p.c turns itself off.
>
> If i then turn the p.c on again I can then get to all my programmes.
> Is there any hope i can get it back to normal.
> I'm new to all this and don't know where to start. Can anybody give me
> instructions in the simplest terms please.
> Thanks
> Mum

Hello JJ,

You can tweak Zone Alarm to not show those advisories. I think most versions of Z.A. have a "Alerts and logs" section where you can make your choice.

Is your version of XP up to Service Pack 2?

It's hard to say why Spyware Doctor is crashing. One thing for sure, when you run it (or any legitimate anti-spyware tool you should turn off (temporarily) your antivirus, and I'd suggest, close your running programs.

If this is a trial copy of Spyware Doctor, I would recommend getting CounterSpy from Sunbelt Software.
If you paid for Spyware Doctor, you may need to be careful when installing it.

Following link thanks to Jim Eshelman.
Spyware Doctor Fails to Beat Favorites in Latest Tests
Microsoft's AntiSpyware and Sunbelt's CounterSpy outdo PC Tools' latest utility.
http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,120531,00.asp
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User