Nokia 3589i "fx" symbol in the default screen?

We just got the Nokia 3589i, and in the default
menu screen the symbol "fx" is in the top left corner.
Could somebody tell me what this refers to?
I can't find anything about this in the documentation.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Andrew

Wootan <> wrote:
: We just got the Nokia 3589i, and in the default
: menu screen the symbol "fx" is in the top left corner.
: Could somebody tell me what this refers to?
: I can't find anything about this in the documentation.
: Thanks in advance for any help.

That's actually "1x" (not "fx") which indicates you are on the digital
network. For voice calls, it's meaningless; if you get a cable and
plug your 3589i into your laptop and put it on the internet, the "1x"
is important because it means you can get much faster data
throughput.

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----

In article <zcasdrkruddfy444645835609@bizaveMYSHOES.com>,
Andrew <usenetMYSHOES@bizaveMYSHOES.com> wrote:
>That's actually "1x" (not "fx") which indicates you are on the digital
>network. For voice calls, it's meaningless; if you get a cable and
>plug your 3589i into your laptop and put it on the internet, the "1x"
>is important because it means you can get much faster data
>throughput.

Well, as long as you aren't roaming. One of my pet peeves is the lack of
1xRTT data roaming with the CDMA carriers (Verizon, USCC, Sprint, etc.)