Place program in start bar

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi: I'm a newby who just changed from W 98 to W XP.

With W 98 I could create a shortcut of a program, and place it in
"Windows > Start Menu > Startup", and it would automatically load at boot-up

How can I do the same thing in Windows XP?

Thanks!

John <><

A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
with an other monkey's monkey.
(A very free paraphrase of Exodus 20:14).

Hi John,

Place the shortcut in Start - All Programs - Startup

Or right click on the Start button and select Explorer or Explorer all
users then place the shortcut in the Programs - Startup folder.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

On Mon, 2 May 2005 12:39:30 -0400, "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote:

>Hi John,
>
>Place the shortcut in Start - All Programs - Startup
>
>Or right click on the Start button and select Explorer or Explorer all
>users then place the shortcut in the Programs - Startup folder.

Thank you, Bert! Works like a charm.

They just had to make things different to confuse us poor W 98 people, right?
(-:

John <><

A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
with an other monkey's monkey.
(A very free paraphrase of Exodus 20:14).

You're welcome John.

By the time you get comfortable with XP, there's bound to a new
version to learn. <g>

If you are not familiar with System Restore you may want to check it
out. It's saved my butt several times.

All About System Restore in WinXP
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/index.html