Place program in start bar

Hi: I'm a newby who just changed from W 98 to W XP.

With W 98 I could create a shortcut of a program, and place it in
"Windows > Start Menu > Startup", and it would automatically load at boot-up

How can I do the same thing in Windows XP?

Thanks!

John <><

A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
with an other monkey's monkey.
(A very free paraphrase of Exodus 20:14).
3 answers Last reply
More about place program start

    Hi John,

    Place the shortcut in Start - All Programs - Startup

    Or right click on the Start button and select Explorer or Explorer all
    users then place the shortcut in the Programs - Startup folder.

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    On Mon, 2 May 2005 12:39:30 -0400, "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote:

    >Hi John,
    >
    >Place the shortcut in Start - All Programs - Startup
    >
    >Or right click on the Start button and select Explorer or Explorer all
    >users then place the shortcut in the Programs - Startup folder.

    Thank you, Bert! Works like a charm.

    They just had to make things different to confuse us poor W 98 people, right?
    (-:

    John <><

    A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
    with an other monkey's monkey.
    (A very free paraphrase of Exodus 20:14).

    You're welcome John.

    By the time you get comfortable with XP, there's bound to a new
    version to learn. <g>

    If you are not familiar with System Restore you may want to check it
    out. It's saved my butt several times.

    All About System Restore in WinXP
    http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/index.html

    --

    John wrote:
    > On Mon, 2 May 2005 12:39:30 -0400, "Bert Kinney"
    > <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi John,
    >>
    >> Place the shortcut in Start - All Programs - Startup
    >>
    >> Or right click on the Start button and select Explorer
    >> or Explorer all users then place the shortcut in the
    >> Programs - Startup folder.
    >
    > Thank you, Bert! Works like a charm.
    >
    > They just had to make things different to confuse us poor
    > W 98 people, right? (-:
    >

    > John <><
    >
    > A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
    > with an other monkey's monkey.
    > (A very free paraphrase of Exodus 20:14).

Microsoft Windows XP