cannot read my cd drive

Tags:
  • CD Drives
  • Windows XP
May 3, 2005 4:12:02 AM

under win xp sp2 i cannot read from my cd drive, i get the message "please
insert a disk into drive e:" as if there is no disk inside. if i boot the
computer with some disk in the drive i can read from it and i can change the
disks and work with other disks too. this is the same with any disk i try to
work with.
i had a similar problem with w2k and i changed the name of
c:\windows\system32\pstorec.dll to pstorec0.dll and it solved it.

More about : read drive

Anonymous
May 3, 2005 3:18:23 PM

"zoli" <zoli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>under win xp sp2 i cannot read from my cd drive, i get the message "please
>insert a disk into drive e:" as if there is no disk inside. if i boot the
>computer with some disk in the drive i can read from it and i can change the
>disks and work with other disks too. this is the same with any disk i try to
>work with.

See "How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD
Discs" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321641).

--
(tm)
Anonymous

"Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

> "zoli" <zoli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >under win xp sp2 i cannot read from my cd drive, i get the message "please
> >insert a disk into drive e:" as if there is no disk inside. if i boot the
> >computer with some disk in the drive i can read from it and i can change the
> >disks and work with other disks too. this is the same with any disk i try to
> >work with.
>
> See "How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD
> Discs" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321641).
>
> --
> (tm)

thanks, i've already tried there. it's mostly about faulty disks which is
not the case here.
!