Sign in with
Your question

XP SP1 and SP2 on CD?

Last response: in Windows XP
August 18, 2004 7:02:00 PM

I have finally got Windows XP Pro on my PC which is coupled with a lovely spacious 160GB Hard disk. However my sisters PC needs updating to SP1 and SP2. Since I havent yet got the hardware to network the two PCs the only way I can get SP1 and SP2 is by ordering a CD from Microsoft. OK she does have a 56k modem but I am not tyng up my phone line for 5 hours to download the files!

I remember that somebody said there was a way but looking on Microsoft's website I can't find the link to order the CD. I live in the UK so I want to order the XP SP1 and SP2 CD from Microsoft UK (from which they say the postage is free) so would someone please be able to provide me a link where I can place my order for this free SP1 and SP2 CD. Also this means that after I have tried it on my sisters PC I can install it on my PC downstairs.

Thank you for your time

PC Spec: AMD Athlon XP 2000+, ECS K7S5A Motherboard, 768MB SDRAM PC133, Sparkle nVidia Riva TNT2 M64 32MB AGP Graphics Card, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 6.1, Windows Me

More about : sp1 sp2

August 19, 2004 12:33:30 PM

I downloaded SP2 at work (took all of, umm, 7 mins) and have it up on all the clients on our network here.

If you're desperate for it, send me a private message with whatever address you want it sent to by post and I'll send it (I'm in the UK), though it'll be on windows update in like a week or so.

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=27..." target="_new">My Rigs</A>
August 20, 2004 9:05:53 PM

Thanks for your help!! Can that CD be used on a PC with Home Edition? My mate is also a dialup customer but he is not fortunate enough to have Home Edition like I have!

Many thanks for your help!

PC Spec: AMD Athlon XP 2000+, ECS K7S5A Motherboard, 768MB SDRAM PC133, Sparkle nVidia Riva TNT2 M64 32MB AGP Graphics Card, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 6.1, Windows XP
!