Registry question

We have several users on our PC's who spend more time playing with the
desktop wallpaper etc., than actually working. If I disable the ability
to alter the desktop in the registry (as administrator) will this change
be valid in all accounts?
TIA
Mike H

What XP OS do you have? Depending on the branch you edit changes can be
global or only local. Better off to attempt to set the users as restricted or
guest or other type of accounts by going start\run and type in control
userpasswords2 and then click ok and then click the name of the account and
then the properties button and set their account up the way you want. Sounds
like restricted may be a good choice. TTFN.
--
There are three types of people in computing, those that can count and those
that can't.

Mike Hyndman <mike@tmphyndman.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>We have several users on our PC's who spend more time playing with the
>desktop wallpaper etc., than actually working. If I disable the ability
>to alter the desktop in the registry (as administrator) will this change
>be valid in all accounts?

Group Policies are valid to all users on one machine.

--
(tm)

On Tue, 03 May 2005 11:19:07 +0200, Thorsten Matzner <tmatzner@gmx.net>
wrote:

>Mike Hyndman <mike@tmphyndman.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>We have several users on our PC's who spend more time playing with the
>>desktop wallpaper etc., than actually working. If I disable the ability
>>to alter the desktop in the registry (as administrator) will this change
>>be valid in all accounts?
>
>Group Policies are valid to all users on one machine.
Thorsten,

Many thanks
Mike H

On Tue, 3 May 2005 10:29:09 -0700, "The Unknown P" <( mikisiw@msn.com )>
wrote:

>What XP OS do you have?
XPPro
>Depending on the branch you edit changes can be
>global or only local. Better off to attempt to set the users as restricted or
>guest or other type of accounts by going start\run and type in control
>userpasswords2
Won't run on this PC, only one account?
>and then click ok and then click the name of the account and
>then the properties button and set their account up the way you want.
But would I be able to prevent them changing wallpapers/desktop settings
this way. I have used the registry method in the past but it was only on
a one account PC
>Sounds >like restricted may be a good choice. TTFN.
Many thanks...who ever you are.....;-)
Mike H

Mike Hyndman <mike@tmphyndman.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Many thanks

You are welcome.

--
(tm)

When all else fails, pick slips seem to work better than any other
means.
Gene K

On Sun, 15 May 2005 09:14:00 -0400, Not Me <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote:

> When all else fails, pick slips seem to work better than any other
>means.
> Gene K
pick or pink? ;-)

mh