Shortcut opening program on different desktop

Boy, This XP operating system sure is confusing for me. I have XP Pro and I
established two accounts with admin rights. I recently logged on as myself
and installed a VPN client for my wife. Every thing appeared to be in
order. There was a shortcut established on my desktop and my wifes. When I
click the shortcut on my desktop, the VPN connect client opened as it
should. However, when my wife logged on to her account, she double click
the shortcut and the shortcut just became highlighed. When she clicked it
again, it responded by saying the application was already opened and
running. When we switched over to my account, sure enough it was open.
What did I do wrong and how do I fix this? Thanks! Steve

When installing the application are you given the option to apply it to just
your account or to everyones? Try installing it on yours and then installing
it on the wifes. The install may not allow for global application but only
your registry hives. TTFN.
--
There are three types of people in computing, those that can count and those
that can't.

The install does not give a option about whose account to apply it to. I
did try to install it again on my wifes acount and the response was that the
application was already installed and did I want to overwrite those files.
I said yes. At first I thought it was fixed because I click on the shortcut
and the application opened. However, I then moved the shortcut icon on the
desktop and then tried to open it and it gave the same response as before,
application is already running. I guess we will just use my account and
just delete hers.