My computer gets to the blue screen with the windows xp logo and will not
change to the desktop icons ( final screen ).......it just stays that way.
I tried booting into safe mode and it freezes as well. any ideas??????

Thanks

Kissell

Hi Kissell

Try the 'Last Known Good Configuration' option on the same screen as the
access to Safe Mode.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Michael Parsi" <amparsi123@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> My computer gets to the blue screen with the windows xp logo and will not
> change to the desktop icons ( final screen ).......it just stays that way.
> I tried booting into safe mode and it freezes as well. any ideas??????
>
> Thanks
>
> Kissell

If last know good config dont work, format is only option im afraid, ive had
this hapen to me twice now, i replaced graphics ide cables and power, sorry
but hope u backed up.

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi Kissell
>
> Try the 'Last Known Good Configuration' option on the same screen as the
> access to Safe Mode.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Michael Parsi" <amparsi123@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> > My computer gets to the blue screen with the windows xp logo and will not
> > change to the desktop icons ( final screen ).......it just stays that way.
> > I tried booting into safe mode and it freezes as well. any ideas??????
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Kissell

Hi

A 'Repair' install of XP is needed. That way all the programs, files and
settings will be retained.