filename suffixes like .wmv -- how to see?

I'm pretty sure the filenames in a certain folder have .avi or .wmv
appened to them, but these suffixes are hidden from my view, even when
I am renaming files. How do I make them visible?
1 answer Last reply
More about filename suffixes

    Hi

    With Windows Explorer open go to Tools>Folder Options>View and uncheck 'Hide
    extensions for known file types', then click 'Apply to All Folders' and
    restart WE.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Auntie Meridian" <am@nospam.org> wrote in message
    > I'm pretty sure the filenames in a certain folder have .avi or .wmv
    > appened to them, but these suffixes are hidden from my view, even when
    > I am renaming files. How do I make them visible?

Microsoft Filename Windows XP