What is your favorite?

theblc84

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
I will be building a new computer in the upcoming months. http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=10329945 That is the wishlist for it. I used to play Ultima Online a long time ago. Also, I played WOW before the WOTLK exp. I am a big fan of MMORPG's. I will be looking to buy a new game once this pc is built. What is everyone's favorite games? Also, what is your favorite feature about the game? I will more than likely play quite a few demos trying to find a game I like, but maybe if I had some idea where to start I won't have to play so many different ones.

bpogdowz

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
850W PSU is a big overkill for just a single graphics card. That keyboard is eventually crap. Get a Reclusa. That monitor will drive you crazy after a while it's a small 22". You want at least a 25". You're obviously not going for eye candy otherwise you wouldn't be getting a 2.8Ghz Phenom. The case is way overpriced, it's more of a gimmick. I wouldn't spend more than $75 for a case. For DVD burner you want one with Lightscribe. 750GB hard drive? Are you out of your mind? What do you need that much space for. No one legally has that much media or games that are still installed.

theblc84

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009

First off, if I wanted your advice on my computer I would not have posted in the PC games forum. I will eventually be getting a second 4890(most likely for christmas). I'm not real worried about having a state of the art keyboard with lights. A keyboard and mouse do the same thing wether they cost $21 or $100. I got a triple core to see if I could unlock the 4th core and overclock. If not I am going to buy a new processor(I have the money for it. I just wanted to try it out.) I am coming from a 19" screen so 22 will do fine( also I will be hooking this computer up to my 65" DLP most of the time I just wanted a second monitor for when my wife wanted to watch tv or something.) As for the case, I just like it, ok? Like I said before I have the money so I'm not worried about a case being $20 overpriced, as I am not you. Not so much worried about a dvd burner. I don't burn cds or dvds its called having a zune. Also as for storage I am going to be ripping my entire DVD collection to my computer so I dont have to use a dvd player I can just play them straight from my computer to my tv. And to my knowledge that is not illegal as long as I'm not sharing them. And like I said I posted in the PC games forum so how about you try answering the question I actually asked.

theblc84

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009

Actually if you go back and actually read my message I never once said anything about a professional opinion. I asked what everyone's favorite games were and their favorite features about them and i posted the system specs of the computer I was building so people would know what games my computer would be able to handle. I have seen you post many times on this site. You waste a lot of your time complaining and down talking other people and you are telling me to get a life? So how about you either shut the heck up and get a life or actually answer the question this thread was originally started for. Just in case you forgot what that was or are too stupid to go to the original post and figure it out it is "What is everyone's favorite games? Also, What are your favorite features in those games?(I am mostly interested in MMORPGs and Strategy like warcraft and starcraft)

simplyderp

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
The Orange Box is $29.99 and has 5 games:

Half Life 2
Half Life 2: Episode 1
Half Life 2: Episode 2
Portal
Team Fortress 2

Website with trailers: http://orange.half-life2.com/index.html

The thing I like about Valve, is that they put creativity into their games and have frequently updated TF2 with new, mostly innovative weapons, features, game mechanics, and community maps. All the TF2 character trailers are classic.

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Since you like rpgs you might like Oblivion and/or Fallout 3. They have had great reviews and occupy your time for a while. Plus there are new DLC's for Fallout 3.

Personally, I like FPS and just finished Dark Messiah and BioShock. Both are good games. I am currently playing Left 4 Dead until I find another game to play.

Enjoy!

PS
Just some advice but you might want to get 2 HDs, one for the primary OS perhaps a small 80 gig sata and then the 750 or more for the content.

The monitor is fine but try and look for one with a 2ms response time. You should find one with the same size for that price.

Get a gamer mouse with lots of buttons, it helps a lot.

lm8dark

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009
for rpgs I play atlantica. i like the turn based system. for 3ps i'd gor l4d. right now those 2 are the only thing I'm playing and great to pass by the time.