Hi Ramesh,

I tried doing the instruction in your reply but we still don't get the
preview for HTML in thumbnail. Just to verify whether we are doing the
right thing as follow:

Creat a file named as "c:\htm.reg" NOTE: we created the file name
including the " and the "

The file contain:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htmlfile\shellex\{BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1=
}]
@=3D"{EAB841A0-9550-11cf-8C16-00805F1408F3}"

and we saved it under ANSI format using Notepad with file name
"c:\htm.reg"

Under RUN, we type in htm.reg, the program return with a prompt:
---- Are you sure you want to ad the information in c:\htm.reg to the
registry?

We type YES, and the prompt return:
Information in c:\htm.reg has been successfully entered into the
registry.

We restart our system but still do not get any thumbnail preview for
html file. We get only the IE icon for all the html.

We will appreciate you hlp on this problem. Thanks.

--
tervino

>> 3D"{EAB841A0-9550-11cf-8C16-00805F1408F3}"

This is incorrect. Email me and I'll send you the REG file.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"tervino" <tervino.1oj6dr@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Hi Ramesh,
>
> I tried doing the instruction in your reply but we still don't get the
> preview for HTML in thumbnail. Just to verify whether we are doing the
> right thing as follow:
>

> Creat a file named as "c:\htm.reg" NOTE: we created the file name
> including the " and the "
>
> The file contain:
>
> Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htmlfile\shellex\{BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1=
> }]
> @=3D"{EAB841A0-9550-11cf-8C16-00805F1408F3}"
>
> and we saved it under ANSI format using Notepad with file name
> "c:\htm.reg"
>
> Under RUN, we type in htm.reg, the program return with a prompt:
> ---- Are you sure you want to ad the information in c:\htm.reg to the
> registry?
>
> We type YES, and the prompt return:
> Information in c:\htm.reg has been successfully entered into the
> registry.
>
> We restart our system but still do not get any thumbnail preview for
> html file. We get only the IE icon for all the html.
>
> We will appreciate you hlp on this problem. Thanks.
>

> Ramesh, MS-MVP Wrote:
>> Tervino,
>>
>> Subject: Thumbnail View HTML in Windows Explorer
>> http://tinyurl.com/bo724
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "tervino" tervino.1nq0dp@pcbanter.net wrote in message
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In the window XP folder thumbnails view, I am able to see a small
>> preview of all the files (jpeg, pcx... etc) except html document.
>> The
>> only thing I see is the classic IE icon.
>>
>> However, in some other XP machine, I do see a display of the
>> miniature
>> of a saved html document. This give you an idea what this html page
>> is
>> about rather than showing just an classic IE icon.
>>
>> Does any one know how to turn on the thumbnails view for html files
>> in
>> a folder? It helps especially when you have a lot of html doc saved
>> in
>> a folder and you need a quick preview of what this html doc is about.
>>

>> Rgds,
>> Tervino
>>

>> --
>> tervino-
>

> --
> tervino

Note: Remove "online." from my email id.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"tervino" <tervino.1oj6dr@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Hi Ramesh,
>
> I tried doing the instruction in your reply but we still don't get the
> preview for HTML in thumbnail. Just to verify whether we are doing the
> right thing as follow:
>

> Creat a file named as "c:\htm.reg" NOTE: we created the file name
> including the " and the "
>
> The file contain:
>
> Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htmlfile\shellex\{BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1=
> }]
> @=3D"{EAB841A0-9550-11cf-8C16-00805F1408F3}"
>
> and we saved it under ANSI format using Notepad with file name
> "c:\htm.reg"
>
> Under RUN, we type in htm.reg, the program return with a prompt:
> ---- Are you sure you want to ad the information in c:\htm.reg to the
> registry?
>
> We type YES, and the prompt return:
> Information in c:\htm.reg has been successfully entered into the
> registry.
>
> We restart our system but still do not get any thumbnail preview for
> html file. We get only the IE icon for all the html.
>
> We will appreciate you hlp on this problem. Thanks.
>

> Ramesh, MS-MVP Wrote:
>> Tervino,
>>
>> Subject: Thumbnail View HTML in Windows Explorer
>> http://tinyurl.com/bo724
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "tervino" tervino.1nq0dp@pcbanter.net wrote in message
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In the window XP folder thumbnails view, I am able to see a small
>> preview of all the files (jpeg, pcx... etc) except html document.
>> The
>> only thing I see is the classic IE icon.
>>
>> However, in some other XP machine, I do see a display of the
>> miniature
>> of a saved html document. This give you an idea what this html page
>> is
>> about rather than showing just an classic IE icon.
>>
>> Does any one know how to turn on the thumbnails view for html files
>> in
>> a folder? It helps especially when you have a lot of html doc saved
>> in
>> a folder and you need a quick preview of what this html doc is about.
>>

>> Rgds,
>> Tervino
>>

>> --
>> tervino-
>

> --
> tervino

This is the correct code to be written in the htm.reg file:

--- Start on next line ---

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.htm\ShellEx]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.htm\ShellEx\{BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}]

@="{EAB841A0-9550-11cf-8C16-00805F1408F3} "

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.html\ShellEx]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.html\ShellEx\{BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}]

@="{EAB841A0-9550-11cf-8C16-00805F1408F3} "

--- End on previous line ---

You can save this as anything and anywhere. When saved in Notepad,
Double-click it, click OK (please accept anything from Microsoft
AntiSpyware etc.), and it will write to the Registry. Restart computer
and voila!

I am so glad this works that I just had to share this with you.

--
nicksmith

Craig_uk

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
copy this blow star form window and with " in a New Text Document.txt and save as "c:\htm.reg"

--
tervino