cant play vidio

Hi This is my first effort at doing this so I hope you can help me I am 72
yrs old but young at heart.I downloaded a movie clip ( .avi) it played the
first time I tried but Now I want to show my husband how clever I am It wont
play the film.I'm using xp,wmp9 and SP2 TIA connie
6 answers Last reply
More about cant play vidio

    Don't have a ready answer for why your AVI file won't play so you can show
    off but Windows Media Player 10 is available as a download for XP users. Go
    to the Microsoft download site.

    "Connie" <Connie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi This is my first effort at doing this so I hope you can help me I am
    > 72
    > yrs old but young at heart.I downloaded a movie clip ( .avi) it played the
    > first time I tried but Now I want to show my husband how clever I am It
    > wont
    > play the film.I'm using xp,wmp9 and SP2 TIA connie

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/AllDownloads.aspx?displang=en&qstechnology=

    For the above link can download the new Ver of MEDIA PLAYER

    Extremely happily provides the assistance for you
    If I explain the mistake, please let me know.
    If my explanation can help each under, please respond
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Hong Kong Cyber S.P.O.T. 18 areas youths representative (Tsuen Wan)
    mcPLACE.COM Microsoft Technology Zone on-line expert
    Kenji Yuen

    Web Page: http://www.microsoft.mcPLACE.COM

    "Connie" wrote:

    > Hi This is my first effort at doing this so I hope you can help me I am 72
    > yrs old but young at heart.I downloaded a movie clip ( .avi) it played the
    > first time I tried but Now I want to show my husband how clever I am It wont
    > play the film.I'm using xp,wmp9 and SP2 TIA connie

    Hi Jerry thanks for your help, I tried my windows and as you must have
    guessed the windowsMedia Has dissapeared out of my P.C so I will download the
    new version. thanks again Connie

    "Jerry" wrote:

    > Don't have a ready answer for why your AVI file won't play so you can show
    > off but Windows Media Player 10 is available as a download for XP users. Go
    > to the Microsoft download site.
    >
    > "Connie" <Connie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi This is my first effort at doing this so I hope you can help me I am
    > > 72
    > > yrs old but young at heart.I downloaded a movie clip ( .avi) it played the
    > > first time I tried but Now I want to show my husband how clever I am It
    > > wont
    > > play the film.I'm using xp,wmp9 and SP2 TIA connie

    Thank you so much for yoyr help .Much appreciated. Wiil do as you
    suggested. Connie

    "香港Cyber S.P.O.T. å??å…«å?€é?’年代表(è?ƒç?£) è¢?仲軒" wrote:

    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/AllDownloads.aspx?displang=en&qstechnology=
    >
    > For the above link can download the new Ver of MEDIA PLAYER
    >
    > Extremely happily provides the assistance for you
    > If I explain the mistake, please let me know.
    > If my explanation can help each under, please respond
    > - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    > Hong Kong Cyber S.P.O.T. 18 areas youths representative (Tsuen Wan)
    > mcPLACE.COM Microsoft Technology Zone on-line expert
    > Kenji Yuen
    >
    > Web Page: http://www.microsoft.mcPLACE.COM
    >

    > "Connie" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi This is my first effort at doing this so I hope you can help me I am 72
    > > yrs old but young at heart.I downloaded a movie clip ( .avi) it played the
    > > first time I tried but Now I want to show my husband how clever I am It wont
    > > play the film.I'm using xp,wmp9 and SP2 TIA connie

    Hi Jerry "2nd message" I tried to download Windows Mediia 9 for xp and it
    told me I already have a more upto date Windows Media installed. I have
    looked every where and cant find the Player. It not in the "Add and remove"
    or any other place I have looked in. can it be Hidden somewhere/ "Connie"

    "Connie" wrote:

    > Thank you so much for yoyr help .Much appreciated. Wiil do as you
    > suggested. Connie ( 2nd message. )It is not in the ADD/ DELETE file or anywhere else I have looked, Can it be hiding somewhere, I have looked through all my files and folders and when I ask for in the help proggame it brings about 10 Windows Media programms , but wont let me open them , what have I done wrong ? Connie I tried to download "windows Media 9 for xp" and it told me I already havd a better "Windows Media" installed, thanks for youe help Connie
    >
    > "香港Cyber S.P.O.T. å??å…«å?€é?’年代表(è?ƒç?£) è¢?仲軒" wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/AllDownloads.aspx?displang=en&qstechnology=
    > >
    > > For the above link can download the new Ver of MEDIA PLAYER
    > >
    > > Extremely happily provides the assistance for you
    > > If I explain the mistake, please let me know.
    > > If my explanation can help each under, please respond
    > > - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    > > Hong Kong Cyber S.P.O.T. 18 areas youths representative (Tsuen Wan)
    > > mcPLACE.COM Microsoft Technology Zone on-line expert
    > > Kenji Yuen
    > >
    > > Web Page: http://www.microsoft.mcPLACE.COM
    > >

    > > "Connie" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi This is my first effort at doing this so I hope you can help me I am 72
    > > > yrs old but young at heart.I downloaded a movie clip ( .avi) it played the
    > > > first time I tried but Now I want to show my husband how clever I am It wont
    > > > play the film.I'm using xp,wmp9 and SP2 TIA connie

Microsoft Windows XP