accounts copying desktop settings

I've set up a new second account as an administrator account and changed the
original account which had administrator rights to a limited account.
Before doing this I had arranged the desktop as I want it re its appearance
and number of shortcuts i like on it.

Is there a simple way of 'cloning' all of this to the new administrator
account screen - and indeed to any other account which I might be set up in
future - rather than laboriously copying everything over?

Ray
3 answers Last reply
More about accounts copying desktop settings

    R&J W wrote:
    > I've set up a new second account as an administrator account and
    > changed the original account which had administrator rights to a
    > limited account. Before doing this I had arranged the desktop as I
    > want it re its appearance and number of shortcuts i like on it.
    >
    > Is there a simple way of 'cloning' all of this to the new
    > administrator account screen - and indeed to any other account which
    > I might be set up in future - rather than laboriously copying
    > everything over?

    How To Create a Custom Default User Profile
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319974

    HOW TO: Create and Configure User Accounts in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279783

    HOW TO: Set, View, Change, or Remove Special Permissions for Files and
    Folders in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308419

    --
    --
    The information above is intended to assist you; however, it is
    suggested you research for yourself before you take any advice - you

    if you go to c: and click documents and settings and then go into the user
    your happy with and then desktop and copy this to the default or the new
    users desktop folder.

    J-Dee wrote:
    > if you go to c: and click documents and settings and then go into the
    > user your happy with and then desktop and copy this to the default or
    > the new users desktop folder.

    That will work fine, if every user you create is an administrator..
    (Bad idea.)

    --
    --
    The information above is intended to assist you; however, it is
    suggested you research for yourself before you take any advice - you
    are the one ultimately responsible for your actions/problems/solutions.
    Whenever possible, the advice will include the method/places used in
    compiling the answer. Also, questions may have been asked to clarify
    your situation OR to give you an idea of where to look - do not dismiss
    them lightly.

Desktops Microsoft Windows XP