I've set up a new second account as an administrator account and changed the
original account which had administrator rights to a limited account.
Before doing this I had arranged the desktop as I want it re its appearance
and number of shortcuts i like on it.

Is there a simple way of 'cloning' all of this to the new administrator
account screen - and indeed to any other account which I might be set up in
future - rather than laboriously copying everything over?

Ray

R&J W wrote:
> I've set up a new second account as an administrator account and
> changed the original account which had administrator rights to a
> limited account. Before doing this I had arranged the desktop as I
> want it re its appearance and number of shortcuts i like on it.
>
> Is there a simple way of 'cloning' all of this to the new
> administrator account screen - and indeed to any other account which
> I might be set up in future - rather than laboriously copying
> everything over?

How To Create a Custom Default User Profile
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319974

HOW TO: Create and Configure User Accounts in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279783

HOW TO: Set, View, Change, or Remove Special Permissions for Files and
Folders in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308419

--
--
The information above is intended to assist you; however, it is
suggested you research for yourself before you take any advice - you

if you go to c: and click documents and settings and then go into the user
your happy with and then desktop and copy this to the default or the new
users desktop folder.

J-Dee wrote:
> if you go to c: and click documents and settings and then go into the
> user your happy with and then desktop and copy this to the default or
> the new users desktop folder.

That will work fine, if every user you create is an administrator..
(Bad idea.)

--