Splinter Cell 4: Double Agent

trenthatch

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I used to play the game in Windows XP x64 edition and played the game halfway, I backed-up my savegames - change to Vista64 to enjoy the game in Dx10 but I'm unable to restore my saved game files, I've copied them into the same folder under Gamefolder\SCDA-Offline\Save but when ingame - the save missions can't be seen. I've searched my C drive aswell for a profiles etc but cannot find any saved files. Can someone please help me. Gamerk316 are you still around ???

^^ Hiya.

Don't know what SSDA is doing with its save games; in theory, they should open fine, but it looks like its going to fight with you...Even on my PC, svegames are...tempermental (tend not to load properly), so I really don't know what I can do...

The only "good" thing, is the game isn't terribly long to begin with. I'll see what I can dig up for you though...

trenthatch

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Thanx, I've played it all over up to the second last stage, all my new savegames in Vista shows ingame, but it nowhere to be found on my PC, that means I cannot backup my saved games...bummer, can't believe Ubisoft's games stuff sucks like this, Splinter Cell 3: Caos Theory does not even work on any OS exept xp32 bit.

^^ Actually, thats because of the copy protection. If you download the game from Ubisofts website ($9.99), you get it without all the crapware. I run SC:CT fine on Vista64.

I still have my boxed copy of Chaos Theory, if anyones interested...

Also, have you tried just restarting from the last mission that was unlocked? I *think* the game keeps track of what you did/did not do choice wise for your last playthrough...

trenthatch

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Heya man ! I found the freakin saved games, its under the ProgramData folder which is hidden by default on the C: Drive, haha I can't believe they make it this difficult...

Are u serious about Caos theory, I've got the original and ya cannot play it under Xp64 neither Vista...just dunno how I'll get that copy, not gonna spent more bucks on it though, I finished it on XP

trenthatch

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Heya man ! I found the freakin saved games, its under the ProgramData folder which is hidden by default on the C: Drive, haha I can't believe they make it this difficult...

Are u serious about Caos theory, I've got the original and cannot play it under Xp64 neither Vista...luckaly I finished it on XP...is there no way to patch it to get it to work in Vista, I've not even seen anywhere nor on Ubisoft support for this problem with Caos Theory - and it such a good game...especially the eye candy...

The Choas Theory issue was due to the drivers used for the DVD Copy Protection, which were never properly updated for Vista 64. I found this out after I purchased the game (which is still gathering dust...).

After doing some searching, I found out that Ubisoft allows you to download the game from its website (for $9.99 if I recall correctly), and after install, the game started right up, with no isses whatsoever on my Vista 64 rig.