Eve Online Questions

ElectroGoofy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Hello all! :D

Ok, my brother and I are looking into Eve Online and have some questions.

Ok, we asked our dad about it, and he isn't too impressed..... the first thing he looked at was the price and he thinks its a lot, so I am wondering how much PLEXes (in ISK) are going for on Eve. I would also like to know what the best way to earn millions of ISKs in the shortest amount of time is for beginning players.

I will probably come up with some more questions as I go on, but thats it for now!

Thanks in advance! :D

Solution
Several hundred million isk, I forget exactly (possibly 300 million?), but basically you would spend stupid amounts of hours griniding lvl 4's just to get another 30 days when you could just buy many other ships for whatever. I was curious why you were interested in EVE. I played for a little over a year and have a character with just under 20 Million skill points. But I quit earlier this year due to the lack of fun and dryness the game gets over time.
Well, they have it set up now so you can pilot a BS within a week...so ISK doesn't seem to be a major issue. Level 3 missions + Scalvaging + ratting is probably the quickest way to ISK, although you can easily make millions just by playing the markets. Mining can work too, but its boring as hell, and corps strip mine everything within seconds anyway.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
Several hundred million isk, I forget exactly (possibly 300 million?), but basically you would spend stupid amounts of hours griniding lvl 4's just to get another 30 days when you could just buy many other ships for whatever. I was curious why you were interested in EVE. I played for a little over a year and have a character with just under 20 Million skill points. But I quit earlier this year due to the lack of fun and dryness the game gets over time.

Solution

ElectroGoofy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
There are several things about Eve that interest me. One is that I really like sci-fi styled stuff, another is that there sounds like quite a bit of variety to it, and also it sounds like it would involve quite a bit of strategy (you know, for choosing components and stuff), as well as it looks like it is a pretty in-depth game.... as in it looks pretty complicated, a lot of parts to it.

Yea, less thrilling than an FPS, but since I can't play those games, Eve online looks pretty good.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I've never played Eve but I just love reading about it, there has been so many great stories that have come out of the game about the scams people have pulled whilst playing that game. Being a huge Elite fanboy back in the day Eve is an MMO that I could see myself getting into but I could also see myself losing a lot of my spare time playing it trying to make the most out of my monthly subscription.