Reuse Windows for Launching Shortcuts

Reuse Windows for Launching Shortcuts: this toggle is only partially working.
Either that or every web site in the different search engines have changed how
they handle the links.

I used to be able to select a link from a search engine without the right click
open in a new window and have the link open in a new window.

I know remember to right click from now on.
Or is there something else ? I went thru all the search configuration options
on how it handles folders, and the Internet. And nothing touched on handling
the links and windows.
More about reuse windows launching shortcuts

    Hi,
    This article is getting old, but still applies:
    241911- Description of the Reuse Windows for Launching Shortcuts Setting in
    Internet Explorer 5.01: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=241911

    I don't think there's a setting in IE which will open a hyperlink (on a
    webpage) in a new window. Using Shift+click is faster than a right-click.

    Google will let you choose the "new page" option, so long as you accept and
    don't delete Google cookies. Go to google.com, look for Preferences.

    Vivisimo.com and profusion.com give you the "new window" choice with each
    result.

    Hope this helps,
    Don
    [MS MVP- IE/OE]

    "Husky" <cbminfo[at]toast.net> wrote in message
    > Reuse Windows for Launching Shortcuts: this toggle is only partially
    working.
    > Either that or every web site in the different search engines have changed
    how
    > they handle the links.
    >
    > I used to be able to select a link from a search engine without the right
    click
    > open in a new window and have the link open in a new window.
    >
    > I know remember to right click from now on.
    > Or is there something else ? I went thru all the search configuration
    options
    > on how it handles folders, and the Internet. And nothing touched on
    handling
    > the links and windows.

    On Sat, 7 May 2005 17:15:06 -0500, "Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >This article is getting old, but still applies:
    >241911- Description of the Reuse Windows for Launching Shortcuts Setting in
    >Internet Explorer 5.01: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=241911
    >
    >I don't think there's a setting in IE which will open a hyperlink (on a
    >webpage) in a new window. Using Shift+click is faster than a right-click.
    >
    >Google will let you choose the "new page" option, so long as you accept and
    >don't delete Google cookies. Go to google.com, look for Preferences.
    >
    >Vivisimo.com and profusion.com give you the "new window" choice with each
    >result.
    >
    >Hope this helps,
    >Don
    >[MS MVP- IE/OE]

    Nope before the Pccillin crash I could hit a link in a web search page and it
    automatically opened in another window. I can right click to open in a new
    window. But now the right click seems to be the only way to get a new window
    with a search link.

    >"Husky" <cbminfo[at]toast.net> wrote in message
    >> Reuse Windows for Launching Shortcuts: this toggle is only partially
    >working.
    >> Either that or every web site in the different search engines have changed
    >how
    >> they handle the links.
    >>
    >> I used to be able to select a link from a search engine without the right
    >click
    >> open in a new window and have the link open in a new window.
    >>
    >> I know remember to right click from now on.
    >> Or is there something else ? I went thru all the search configuration
    >options
    >> on how it handles folders, and the Internet. And nothing touched on
    >handling
    >> the links and windows.

Windows XP