scan disk & xp home

Hi,
I went to start-accessories-system tools.
Only Disk cleanup and defragmenter. How can I add scan disk to system
tools?
Thanks in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about scan disk home

    Hi,

    Scandisk has been replaced with Chkdsk.

    1. Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk drive
    that you want to check.
    2. Click Properties, and then click Tools.
    3. Under Error-checking, click Check Now.
    4. Click Start.

    Chkdsk is located here.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\chkdsk.exe

    How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    zubzero wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I went to start-accessories-system tools.
    > Only Disk cleanup and defragmenter. How can I add scan
    > disk to system tools?
    > Thanks in advance.

    Thank you for your help.
    I copied it to my desk top.
    Then put it into system tools.
    Thanks again.

    On Sat, 7 May 2005 11:05:26 -0400, "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Scandisk has been replaced with Chkdsk.
    >
    >1. Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk drive
    >that you want to check.
    >2. Click Properties, and then click Tools.
    >3. Under Error-checking, click Check Now.
    >4. Click Start.
    >
    >Chkdsk is located here.
    >C:\WINDOWS\system32\chkdsk.exe
    >
    >How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
    >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265

Windows XP Microsoft Disk Cleanup