scan disk & xp home

May 7, 2005 6:43:48 PM

Hi,
I went to start-accessories-system tools.
Only Disk cleanup and defragmenter. How can I add scan disk to system
tools?
Thanks in advance.

More about : scan disk home

Anonymous
May 7, 2005 6:43:49 PM

Hi,

Scandisk has been replaced with Chkdsk.

1. Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk drive
that you want to check.
2. Click Properties, and then click Tools.
3. Under Error-checking, click Check Now.
4. Click Start.

Chkdsk is located here.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\chkdsk.exe

How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

zubzero wrote:
> Hi,
> I went to start-accessories-system tools.
> Only Disk cleanup and defragmenter. How can I add scan
> disk to system tools?
> Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 7:31:29 PM