For years we've had the msHearts game on our computer (machine upgraded
from Win 98 through all changes to (now) WinXP. When I try to play
Hearts, I get the message: "Microsoft Hearts Network cannot find
cards.dll. Hearts will end". Have copied "cards.dll" to the Microsoft
Hearts folder, to no avail. Have no interest in gaming with internet
partners - just would like to play the game against the three "named
players" included in the edition I have had for so long. Is that no
longer possible at all? Or is there a Hearts game that can be played on
my home TV, similar to the way we can play Easy Bridge and other
multiple player games? Molin Vardo

Install xp cd,select,install optional components,windows components,
games,chk the box for hearts,close out.

"Molin Vardo" wrote:

> For years we've had the msHearts game on our computer (machine upgraded
> from Win 98 through all changes to (now) WinXP. When I try to play
> Hearts, I get the message: "Microsoft Hearts Network cannot find
> cards.dll. Hearts will end". Have copied "cards.dll" to the Microsoft
> Hearts folder, to no avail. Have no interest in gaming with internet
> partners - just would like to play the game against the three "named
> players" included in the edition I have had for so long. Is that no
> longer possible at all? Or is there a Hearts game that can be played on
> my home TV, similar to the way we can play Easy Bridge and other
> multiple player games? Molin Vardo

Hi,

Try copying it instead to the C:\Windows\System32 folder.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone