msHearts on WinXP

For years we've had the msHearts game on our computer (machine upgraded
from Win 98 through all changes to (now) WinXP. When I try to play
Hearts, I get the message: "Microsoft Hearts Network cannot find
cards.dll. Hearts will end". Have copied "cards.dll" to the Microsoft
Hearts folder, to no avail. Have no interest in gaming with internet
partners - just would like to play the game against the three "named
players" included in the edition I have had for so long. Is that no
longer possible at all? Or is there a Hearts game that can be played on
my home TV, similar to the way we can play Easy Bridge and other
multiple player games? Molin Vardo
2 answers Last reply
More about mshearts winxp

    Install xp cd,select,install optional components,windows components,
    games,chk the box for hearts,close out.

    "Molin Vardo" wrote:

    > For years we've had the msHearts game on our computer (machine upgraded
    > from Win 98 through all changes to (now) WinXP. When I try to play
    > Hearts, I get the message: "Microsoft Hearts Network cannot find
    > cards.dll. Hearts will end". Have copied "cards.dll" to the Microsoft
    > Hearts folder, to no avail. Have no interest in gaming with internet
    > partners - just would like to play the game against the three "named
    > players" included in the edition I have had for so long. Is that no
    > longer possible at all? Or is there a Hearts game that can be played on
    > my home TV, similar to the way we can play Easy Bridge and other
    > multiple player games? Molin Vardo

    Hi,

    Try copying it instead to the C:\Windows\System32 folder.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Molin Vardo" <tovitox@iglou.com> wrote in message
    > For years we've had the msHearts game on our computer (machine upgraded
    > from Win 98 through all changes to (now) WinXP. When I try to play
    > Hearts, I get the message: "Microsoft Hearts Network cannot find
    > cards.dll. Hearts will end". Have copied "cards.dll" to the Microsoft
    > Hearts folder, to no avail. Have no interest in gaming with internet
    > partners - just would like to play the game against the three "named
    > players" included in the edition I have had for so long. Is that no
    > longer possible at all? Or is there a Hearts game that can be played on
    > my home TV, similar to the way we can play Easy Bridge and other multiple
    > player games? Molin Vardo

Games Microsoft Windows XP