Sign in with
Your question

Selling Macbook Pro

Last response: in Deals
October 27, 2011 3:37:09 PM

I have a 2011 Macbook Pro 15 inch corei7 2.0ghz, 4gb ram and 500gb HD, Bought in April. I also have the apple care plan for it. I am looking to sell it on ebay. What would you guys price it? I have both OSX 10.6 and Lion Disks. I have everything that comes with it, including the box. I'm having trouble pricing it because I don't want to sell it for super cheap. I would keep it but I need to pay for my mom's nursing classes so gotta do what I have to.

More about : selling macbook pro

October 28, 2011 6:28:41 PM

Check ebay for the same models and craigslist, see what prices there are for it already.
m
l
October 29, 2011 3:04:17 AM

Yeh I did that, seems like they are really ranging. I set mine for 1200.
m
l
Related resources
November 1, 2011 11:57:05 PM

I hope you get a decent price for it. You can list it also at Tom's Classifieds Section.
m
l
November 2, 2011 1:12:50 PM

I see many other completed auctions for much more. I don't know how they are selling them for way more than 1200, without apple care warranty. Someone bought it for $1436. Waiting on payment now. Would the post office have a box the macbook pro box, I don't want to ship it in its regular box. If this person does not pay soon I will try Tom's classifieds too.
m
l
November 2, 2011 2:06:37 PM

Try a parallel approach. Sell it to whoever places cash in your hand first (talk is cheap, cash counts).
m
l
November 2, 2011 2:31:19 PM

I'll have to wait and see if the person pays. I haven't sold a lot on ebay but I imagine if you use paypal and they send you a payment, you should not ship it until the money is cleared and in your bank correct?
m
l
November 2, 2011 3:19:35 PM

Quote:
I'll have to wait and see if the person pays. I haven't sold a lot on ebay but I imagine if you use paypal and they send you a payment, you should not ship it until the money is cleared and in your bank correct?

Correct!

Under NO circumstances accept personal checks!
m
l
November 3, 2011 1:15:27 PM

Seems like Ebay cancelled the transaction. The buyer was a fraud I suppose. This is the 2nd time in a row this has happened trying to sell this computer.
m
l
November 3, 2011 4:40:12 PM

Keep trying. Your merchandise is of good quality.
m
l
November 3, 2011 4:53:06 PM

I listed it again for 1 day starting at 1300 if that is not getting anything I may have to lower the price. Also put it on classifieds on here.
m
l
November 3, 2011 5:32:31 PM

Quote:
I listed it again for 1 day starting at 1300 if that is not getting anything I may have to lower the price. Also put it on classifieds on here.

Don't wait! Like I mentioned earlier, use a parallel approach. Advertise in multiple places.
m
l
November 3, 2011 11:03:05 PM

I will also list it on craigslist as well. Ebay used to be pretty decent, it has pretty much gone to crap now.
m
l
November 4, 2011 7:29:03 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Computer Brands to section Deals by Area51reopened
m
l
November 4, 2011 12:49:44 PM

selayan,

A few tips for putting something up on eBay:

You can set a criteria for bidders. It's under the "seller account" section. You can block people to country's you don't ship to, if they have any un-paid item strikes in a given amount of time, etc. It's very useful.

Also, when someone places a bid look at their profile. If they joined eBay the same day they placed a bid I always block them, as they usually end up being scammers.
m
l
!