Closed

Selling Macbook Pro

I have a 2011 Macbook Pro 15 inch corei7 2.0ghz, 4gb ram and 500gb HD, Bought in April. I also have the apple care plan for it. I am looking to sell it on ebay. What would you guys price it? I have both OSX 10.6 and Lion Disks. I have everything that comes with it, including the box. I'm having trouble pricing it because I don't want to sell it for super cheap. I would keep it but I need to pay for my mom's nursing classes so gotta do what I have to.
14 answers Last reply
More about selling macbook
  1. Check ebay for the same models and craigslist, see what prices there are for it already.
  2. Yeh I did that, seems like they are really ranging. I set mine for 1200.
  3. I hope you get a decent price for it. You can list it also at Tom's Classifieds Section.
  4. I see many other completed auctions for much more. I don't know how they are selling them for way more than 1200, without apple care warranty. Someone bought it for $1436. Waiting on payment now. Would the post office have a box the macbook pro box, I don't want to ship it in its regular box. If this person does not pay soon I will try Tom's classifieds too.
  5. Try a parallel approach. Sell it to whoever places cash in your hand first (talk is cheap, cash counts).
  6. I'll have to wait and see if the person pays. I haven't sold a lot on ebay but I imagine if you use paypal and they send you a payment, you should not ship it until the money is cleared and in your bank correct?
  7. Quote:
    I'll have to wait and see if the person pays. I haven't sold a lot on ebay but I imagine if you use paypal and they send you a payment, you should not ship it until the money is cleared and in your bank correct?

Correct!

Under NO circumstances accept personal checks!
  8. Seems like Ebay cancelled the transaction. The buyer was a fraud I suppose. This is the 2nd time in a row this has happened trying to sell this computer.
  9. Keep trying. Your merchandise is of good quality.
  10. I listed it again for 1 day starting at 1300 if that is not getting anything I may have to lower the price. Also put it on classifieds on here.
  11. Quote:
    I listed it again for 1 day starting at 1300 if that is not getting anything I may have to lower the price. Also put it on classifieds on here.

Don't wait! Like I mentioned earlier, use a parallel approach. Advertise in multiple places.
  12. I will also list it on craigslist as well. Ebay used to be pretty decent, it has pretty much gone to crap now.
  13. This topic has been moved from the section Computer Brands to section Deals by Area51reopened
  14. selayan,

A few tips for putting something up on eBay:

You can set a criteria for bidders. It's under the "seller account" section. You can block people to country's you don't ship to, if they have any un-paid item strikes in a given amount of time, etc. It's very useful.

Also, when someone places a bid look at their profile. If they joined eBay the same day they placed a bid I always block them, as they usually end up being scammers.
Ask a new question

Read More

Classifieds Macbook Pro Hot Deals