Status
Not open for further replies.

selayan

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
I have a 2011 Macbook Pro 15 inch corei7 2.0ghz, 4gb ram and 500gb HD, Bought in April. I also have the apple care plan for it. I am looking to sell it on ebay. What would you guys price it? I have both OSX 10.6 and Lion Disks. I have everything that comes with it, including the box. I'm having trouble pricing it because I don't want to sell it for super cheap. I would keep it but I need to pay for my mom's nursing classes so gotta do what I have to.

selayan

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
I see many other completed auctions for much more. I don't know how they are selling them for way more than 1200, without apple care warranty. Someone bought it for $1436. Waiting on payment now. Would the post office have a box the macbook pro box, I don't want to ship it in its regular box. If this person does not pay soon I will try Tom's classifieds too.

selayan

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
I'll have to wait and see if the person pays. I haven't sold a lot on ebay but I imagine if you use paypal and they send you a payment, you should not ship it until the money is cleared and in your bank correct?

I'll have to wait and see if the person pays. I haven't sold a lot on ebay but I imagine if you use paypal and they send you a payment, you should not ship it until the money is cleared and in your bank correct?
Correct!

Under NO circumstances accept personal checks!

selayan

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Seems like Ebay cancelled the transaction. The buyer was a fraud I suppose. This is the 2nd time in a row this has happened trying to sell this computer.

selayan

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
I listed it again for 1 day starting at 1300 if that is not getting anything I may have to lower the price. Also put it on classifieds on here.

offender_mullet

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
selayan,

A few tips for putting something up on eBay:

You can set a criteria for bidders. It's under the "seller account" section. You can block people to country's you don't ship to, if they have any un-paid item strikes in a given amount of time, etc. It's very useful.

Also, when someone places a bid look at their profile. If they joined eBay the same day they placed a bid I always block them, as they usually end up being scammers.

Status
Not open for further replies.