Is this gamig pc system good value at $450 second hand

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus Motherboard (RMA'ed and Replaced less than 6 months ago)

*Zalman ZM600-HP 600 W Power supply

*Antec P160W (Anodized Aluminim Super Mid tower case)

Q6600 CPU (G0 Stepping Chip, Stock Heatsink and fan)

* 4 x 1Gb Corsair XMS2 Dominator 1066 DD2 Ram (5-5-5-15)

2 x XFX 9800GT 512Mb PCI-Ex Graphics Cards

Logitech X230 2.1 Stereo Speakers

* 1 TB Western Digital 7200 RPM HDD SATA

* 1 x Microsoft Wireless Mouse and Keyboard

* 1 x Pioneer DVD/RW Writer SATA

1 X 19in Viewsonic LCD Screen

The speakers,cpu are nice, the cards ok, but slied, decent enough
Watch you mobo tho, if its been rma'd, well it could have stressed other components, or the psu could have caused it.
Watch those 2 things

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

i dont have much understanding of computer hardware and jargon,can you please explain what you mean so it is easier for me to understand,i think that pc might suit my tight bugdet for gaming,e.g, call of duty,maybe crysis,just some examples,,i really do appreciate any advice you can offermthanks very much jaydeejohn

First off, Crysis will bring almost any rig to its knees at highest settings, but most everything else should play very nicely
My comments about watching it, is download coretemp,everest home edition.
These 2 tools will help you monitor your temps on your graphics cards and your cpu. Also, everest will give voltage outputs, in case it varies, say for the 12 volt, if it dips too much, itll read it out, and youll know, same with core temp, which will give your cpu temps.
Once you get the rig, and you have questions, feel free to do so here on Toms, just ask in the appropriate forum, or cpu stuff in the cpu section etc
Once youve checked it, and possibly even challenged it, putting it thru high use, while checking temps and voltage, after a short time youll know if theres a problem, or its doing great

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

now i understand much better thanks jaydee john,i appreciate all your advice,i must say everyone on toms hardware forum has been very helpful,once again,thank you