installing office 2000 into xp

mellow

I have tried to install office 2000 into windows xp but it wont let me is
thers anyone who can give me some advise

mellow wrote:
> I have tried to install office 2000 into windows xp but it wont let
> me is thers anyone who can give me some advise

Not without you telling us what you saw/what messages you got...

--
--
The information above is intended to assist you; however, it is
suggested you research for yourself before you take any advice - you

mellow wrote:

> I have tried to install office 2000 into windows xp but it wont let me is
> thers anyone who can give me some advise

Do you have Administrator privileges or rights for this
computer?

>>=- Shenan -=<
>>=- MS MVP -=<

Was wondering when I was going to see that. Great job!

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

mellow wrote:
> I have tried to install office 2000 into windows xp but it wont let me is
> thers anyone who can give me some advise

What happens when you try? What specific error messages do you get?
What do your system event logs report? What specific troubleshooting
steps have you already taken, and what were the results of each?

No one can help if you don't provide at least a modicum of information.

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Otherwise, you might as well try here:

Psychic Friends Network
(800) 592-7827

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

You need to insert the CD label side up.
--

"mellow" <mellow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have tried to install office 2000 into windows xp but it wont let me is
> thers anyone who can give me some advise

ROFLMAO..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:
>>> =- Shenan -=<
>>> =- MS MVP -=<
>
> Was wondering when I was going to see that. Great job!

Thanks!

--
--

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:
>>> =- Shenan -=<
>>> =- MS MVP -=<
>
> Was wondering when I was going to see that. Great job!

Same here, congratulations Shenan.
--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

Kath Adams wrote:
> Same here, congratulations Shenan.

Thanks! Appreciated!

--
--

mellow wrote:
> I have tried to install office 2000 into windows xp but it wont let
> me is thers anyone who can give me some advise

1) The word is 'advice' - 'advise' is a verb.

2) Sorry, my crystal ball is on the blink - what does "wont let me"
[/sic/] mean? We can't see your computer, you know!

3) You may also wish to learn how to correctly punctuate a sentence.

Martok

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2001

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in news:XDyfe.32818$a25.31450
@fe06.highwinds-media.phx:

> mellow wrote:
>> I have tried to install office 2000 into windows xp but it wont let
>> me is thers anyone who can give me some advise
>
> Do you get any kind of error message when trying to install office 2000?
> What version of XP are you using.

I use office 2000 on a windows xp home edition system and it does work
perfectly.