From 700 FPS to less than 30

Impulse Fire911

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
Okay so on CS:S i can get up to like 700 fps but trying to record With FRAPS is almost impossible because it goes down to somethimes less than 30 for no reason. i record in 1680x1050 full screen but idk why its so downgraded like how coul i make it more performant? the lowest Resolution i can go down to is 1440x900 (montage standards) but still no improvement. how can i dedicate like an entire core jut to FRAPS so i can record better with it? also in crysis recording with FRAPS i get about 25-30 on counter strike i almost never get that much wtf?

1: You're not getting 700FPS ingame in CS:S
2: Unless you have ancient hardware, you're not getting <60FPS in CS:S

Quite frankly, I don't belive for one second the numbers you're seeing. Even my PentiumD/8600GT could get ~100 FPS at CS:S, theres no way a cored machine is getting 20-30.

stevensl2

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
I myself use fraps to record, It slows your FPS down to a crawl but its worth it for some games, Unfortunately CSS is not one of them, you need as much FPS as you can get to really do well.

@ Gamerk316 : His numbers are pretty high, that must be his max. But FPS can be unlocked, I have mine set at Max 999 ( Command is Fps_max *** )

Even my Current rig Has problems with Fraps. It's definitely not your Rig, maybe you should get a second harddrive and have fraps record into that. It might increase FPS, I mean. Your pretty much recording HD in real time, and also playing the game.