Shakey

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Hope this isn't too far off subject but is anyone aware of any free or low
cost DRAG and DROP software that works without messing everything else
connected to CD's up in XPhome.
Can't seen to get Incd to drag/drop but it will format.
TIA
Mel

If you're using InCD, then you should disable XP's built-in CD burning capabilities. Right click on the CD drive, select Propeties. On the Recording tab, uncheck Enable CD Recording on this drive.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"shakey" <shakey@sonic.net> wrote in message news:e5jAWcAVFHA.2172@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hope this isn't too far off subject but is anyone aware of any free or low
> cost DRAG and DROP software that works without messing everything else
> connected to CD's up in XPhome.
> Can't seen to get Incd to drag/drop but it will format.
> TIA
> Mel

Shakey

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Yes,No,Huh, Why,But
I did finally get it working on my machine after much effort but almost the
opposite of what you said. I had to check "not uncheck" the enable recording
box then I could format and save files in drag/drop method.
Great so I went to my friends house to fix his computer "that's why I was
working on this problem" and he has all the tabs EXCEPT the one for
recording.
Also noted that my cd/rw drive and my dvd-cd/rw react differently to these
changes.
I'm lost so its his problem again.
Mel