Printing From DOS

May 10, 2005 7:07:33 PM

I have a DOS invoice program that prints fine with Win95 and Win98.
However, I could never get it to print from my Gateway 700X desktop
with WinXP Pro...until I read a tip in PC World that said to "enable
printer pooling". First, I configured my HP Photosmart (USB) printer
connected to this PC. I enabled "printer pooling" and checked LPT1
(the DOS printing port for this app) and the USB printer port. This
works. I'd also like to be able to print to an HP722C printer on
my Win95 machine through my Linksys wireless network. I can print
anything else just fine from the XP machine to this printer hooked
to my Win95 PC, but when I go to Control Panel/Printers, the "enable
printer pooling" option is greyed for the networked printer. The
printer shows that it's set for \\H Lan Manager Printer Port. (WinXP
found this printer when I first set up the 700X desktop). Would this
have anything to do with the fact that the HP722C drivers are not
installed on the WinXP machine?

Thanks!
Scott

More about : printing dos

Anonymous
May 11, 2005 4:46:25 AM

Please see Bruce Sanderson's article at:
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)