Which is best of these 3 and why?

theblc84

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
I have been looking at 3 different games for when I build my new computer. Aion, D&D Online, and Warhammer Online. All 3 look very appealing to me. Just wondering if anyone here has played 1, 2 or all of them and could give me some insight on what to look forward to in all 3 games.

jassao

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
I have played WAR and Aion (just the closed beta), and at least for me Aion looks more polish, better graphics, and a somehow new gameplay (combo system).

WAR has a more "classic" style, ala WoW. I think they have a free 10days trial for WAR in their website, you should check it out.

Katash

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
I've sadly only played Warhammer online out of those three, however I think it is an awesome game with some nice new touches of thinking involved.

I swiftly googled the other two games and I kinda right away at least myself toss away D&D Online, as an option.

I'll probably check out Aion when a little more time has passed to give them some more time. But it looks like a great game.

Hope I at least cut down your choices by 1 :D

bd26

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
Would go with Aion seems to have the most promise out of the 3.

DDO is a good game, but after its recent change from p2p to f2p its showing the game itself isnt what it was.

WAR was good aswell great lore/settings great "rvr" fun. Many servers now are like ghost towns even with the latest "expansion" that just came out.

Since Aion is the new kid on the block..and of course many just say its a "wow clone" like every other new mmo.....It offers few new things spell/skill combos and flight combat. With its huge success already in Asia might be a safe assumption its gonna do pretty well here.

Also gonna throw out there Champions online. It just started "open beta" and its pretty fun if you enjoy superheroes. Its very close to COH.

bpogdowz

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
Aion will explode on release so you want to play that one. Then once you're done with it Warhammer it's a year old so it's not going to be as good as Aion is at launch. D&D Online is horrible, Turbine is horrible. Right now I'm playing Runes of Magic, I ran out of games and decided to try it while I wait for shipping and it's quite possibly the best MMO I've played vs. Warhammer and it's free to play.

TRENDING THREADS