sweetleaf

I have recently just bought McAfee virus scan and firewall. Can I have my
McAfee firewall run without Xp's firewall and still get the pop up blocker
and other security features that Xp offers?
Thanks
Monique

Monique

Turn off the SP2 firewall.. you do not need two software firewalls running
at one time..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"sweetleaf" <sweetleaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently just bought McAfee virus scan and firewall. Can I have my
> McAfee firewall run without Xp's firewall and still get the pop up blocker
> and other security features that Xp offers?
> Thanks
> Monique

Short answer.....yes.
The pop-up blocker is an added feature in Internet Explorer, added by SP2. It is
independent from the firewall. Same for the other added features.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"sweetleaf" <sweetleaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have recently just bought McAfee virus scan and firewall. Can I have my
> McAfee firewall run without Xp's firewall and still get the pop up blocker
> and other security features that Xp offers?
> Thanks
> Monique

Everyone uses McAfee virus scan, Zonealarm fire wall and Google
popupblocker.

http://military.accaw.org/barbque/

May GOD bless America and our US American Troops.

Best regards,

Gary Adams
1113 S. Range Ave., Ste.110
Box 224
Denham Springs, LA 70726-4820

314.479.8201 - tel
775.655.1104 - fax

LsuEdu At Msn Dot Com
http://melvillehighschool.us
"Imagination...is the irrepressible revolutionist."

In news:8715648B-F46B-4027-B751-035A1BFAA3BC@microsoft.com,
sweetleaf <sweetleaf@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> I have recently just bought McAfee virus scan and firewall. Can
> have my McAfee firewall run without Xp's firewall and still get
> the
> pop up blocker and other security features that Xp offers?

Yes. They are separate features and don't rely on each other.

Please reply to the newsgroup

You really have no choice,mcafee version 7.0 and later,actually takes over
the firewall in xp.Macafee software is the worst one could buy,7.0 and
later...

"sweetleaf" wrote:

> I have recently just bought McAfee virus scan and firewall. Can I have my
> McAfee firewall run without Xp's firewall and still get the pop up blocker
> and other security features that Xp offers?
> Thanks
> Monique

how do you turn off the sp2 firewall? I think when I did so, the pop-up
blocker continued to stop my attempts to post a message. somehow, I can
reply... but I cannot post an original question.
--
Douglas S. Thornton