Firewall...Xp and McAfee

I have recently just bought McAfee virus scan and firewall. Can I have my
McAfee firewall run without Xp's firewall and still get the pop up blocker
and other security features that Xp offers?
Thanks
Monique
6 answers Last reply
More about firewall mcafee

    Monique

    Turn off the SP2 firewall.. you do not need two software firewalls running
    at one time..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "sweetleaf" <sweetleaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have recently just bought McAfee virus scan and firewall. Can I have my
    > McAfee firewall run without Xp's firewall and still get the pop up blocker
    > and other security features that Xp offers?
    > Thanks
    > Monique

    Short answer.....yes.
    The pop-up blocker is an added feature in Internet Explorer, added by SP2. It is
    independent from the firewall. Same for the other added features.
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "sweetleaf" <sweetleaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have recently just bought McAfee virus scan and firewall. Can I have my
    > McAfee firewall run without Xp's firewall and still get the pop up blocker
    > and other security features that Xp offers?
    > Thanks
    > Monique

    Everyone uses McAfee virus scan, Zonealarm fire wall and Google
    popupblocker.

    http://military.accaw.org/barbque/

    May GOD bless America and our US American Troops.

    Best regards,

    Gary Adams
    1113 S. Range Ave., Ste.110
    Box 224
    Denham Springs, LA 70726-4820

    314.479.8201 - tel
    775.655.1104 - fax

    LsuEdu At Msn Dot Com
    http://melvillehighschool.us
    "Imagination...is the irrepressible revolutionist."

    In news:8715648B-F46B-4027-B751-035A1BFAA3BC@microsoft.com,
    sweetleaf <sweetleaf@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > I have recently just bought McAfee virus scan and firewall. Can
    > have my McAfee firewall run without Xp's firewall and still get
    > the
    > pop up blocker and other security features that Xp offers?

    Yes. They are separate features and don't rely on each other.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    You really have no choice,mcafee version 7.0 and later,actually takes over
    the firewall in xp.Macafee software is the worst one could buy,7.0 and
    later...

    "sweetleaf" wrote:

    > I have recently just bought McAfee virus scan and firewall. Can I have my
    > McAfee firewall run without Xp's firewall and still get the pop up blocker
    > and other security features that Xp offers?
    > Thanks
    > Monique

    how do you turn off the sp2 firewall? I think when I did so, the pop-up
    blocker continued to stop my attempts to post a message. somehow, I can
    reply... but I cannot post an original question.
    --
    Douglas S. Thornton

    "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Monique
    >
    > Turn off the SP2 firewall.. you do not need two software firewalls running
    > at one time..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "sweetleaf" <sweetleaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have recently just bought McAfee virus scan and firewall. Can I have my
    > > McAfee firewall run without Xp's firewall and still get the pop up blocker
    > > and other security features that Xp offers?
    > > Thanks
    > > Monique

McAfee Firewalls Windows XP