What about the 2009 xbox360 elite units now - any overheating issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mb9

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
What about the 2009 xbox360 elite units now - any overheating issues. My son had his a few years and we did the heatsink mod and it worked about a week and then it is overheating again. Plan to buy a newer unit (2009) unit but worried about the overheating issues. Wondered if M has fixed it.?

tobensg

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
Try and raise the Xbox off the surface that its on, put some small peices of wood under the feet so the airflows better through the Xbox casing.

jbetca

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
Just received my NEW Elite Xbox 360, 120 gig, black console yesterday, Sept 29, 2009...Turned it on for the first time only to See the 3 RED RING of Death.

Brand new and already defective. MS is not lowering the price to compete with the PS3, they're lowering the price because they recognize the poor quality of their product. Spec per Spec they're more expensive than the PS3

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Seems there you have it, all issues with Xbox360’s are cumulative so the issue develops over a number of months or years. Any guess on if the 2009 models are any good would just be mere speculation and in no way could be considered right or wrong. One thing is for sure though, the Xbox360 is defective as of its design and I have reserved myself to the fact that one day I will be left with a dead Xbox360 that is out of warranty...

I’m on my 3rd replacement now by the way (the only reason I’m not on my 4th is because I don’t play it much at all now), probably the worst £300 I spent but I guess I can’t get my money back on the ground that Microsoft sold me defective crap can I?

defendall

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010

I am looking for pottential plaintiffs in a class action against MS

www.Stewartorden.com

lati

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
hey guys & lady's i know the xbox360 was added a falcon chip and the jasper,but i also notice a duel heatsink on one xbox360.

the reason i ask,cause i have bought a xbox360 elite and it had the chip but i notice that it did not have the duel heat sinks.
i heard there making xbox360 elite's with this duel heat sink on them was there a change that i was not told about ?and are the xbox360's coming out with the chip and duel heat sinks together??

defendall

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
Sorry for repeating this, but perhaps my initial message was a bit brief and confusing. I am a trial attorney in New York, and fed up with the X Box product developed and sold by Microsoft. I am looking for potential plaintiffs in a class action against MS. In order to evaluate any plaintiffs I need to know the specifics of any problems you may have experienced. Please email me directly at stewartorden@stewartorden.com

You can call me directly anytime or write.

Thanks,

lati

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
ok... here we go the xbox360 problems.

1) the red ring of death= i have gone thrue 17 xbox360 (no lie) and i have send them all for repair but some came with the same problem. exp i have send a xbox back to ms and it took about 2 months for them to send it back.once i finally
get it back i turn it on only to have it red ring again.
i called them back and told them about this and they just said (quote) what are you doing to the xbox360!
saying that its my fault.
because i play tooooo much! can you believe that!
ever sence that day they refuse to give me any warranty.

2)freezing there is not one xbox360 that i have bought that does not freeze.

3)E54 what else can i say,they said they will repair this for free but they refuse to give me any warranty.
they have actually said to bring it to a electronic shop to get it fix!!!!!...... i have all this recorded on my phone.

and last but not least the hardrive fail so there you go is that good enough?

Justen_14

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
Hey I have a xbox 360 elite but it got the red ring of death I took it back an played it then woke up an tried to play it again but it would not turn on an I hade a cooler fan on it I'm just wondering if the new xbox 360 2010 modle doesent do all that

Status
Not open for further replies.