VIDEO: ASUS Eee Keyboard Unboxed

Status
Not open for further replies.

requiemsallure

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
umm, the ipad is worse than this... not that i am saying this is awesome but the ipad isn't close both are overpriced. at the same time though this does what the ipad cannot and everything the ipad can.

LaughALot

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
I'm something of a ASUS fan boy, but you'd be a sucker to buy one of these they're way over priced. An Acer AspireRevo 3610 has a faster processor, supports 1080p and has 6 USB ports for half the price. I velcro'd one too the back of my television and bought a Adesso wireless keyboard touchpad. Now I can lay back and surf.

G

A neat product but cannot justify $600. iPad is more attractive at this price.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Wow, everyone comparing a full blow low power PC (That can RUN FLASH!!!!!!! unlike the iPod Touch NBA edition) to the iPad... this isn't some MP3 player that got bit by a radioactive ant.

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
Okay. I think the Ipad is complete crap. But in saying that I would buy it over this. I cant see any practical use for this. The monitor is to the right so try typing and doing anything on that at the same time. Its the size of a keyboard so I am not going to be hauling it around. And even if I did haul it around I cant just whip it out and do anything on my lap without carpel tunnel. Not only that but its no ion so cant use it as a htpc. At least I could flip an ipad over and use it as a door stop. Oh and flash would run pretty crappy on it especially in hd. Just my two cents.

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
[citation][nom]LaughALot[/nom]I'm something of a ASUS fan boy, but you'd be a sucker to buy one of these they're way over priced. An Acer AspireRevo 3610 has a faster processor, supports 1080p and has 6 USB ports for half the price. I velcro'd one too the back of my television and bought a Adesso wireless keyboard touchpad. Now I can lay back and surf.[/citation]

+1. I love my Asus mobos and monitor and stuff, but i'd never buy this stupid piece of technology, esp not at that price. You can build a solid gaming rig in a shuttle case for that much money, ffs. Who does this appeal to? Ppl with a ton of money to blow on stupid overpriced and underpowered gadgets? You'd figure that those ppl would already have something for their home theater then anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.