Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Start WoW or wait for...

Last response: in Video Games
August 22, 2009 3:39:06 AM

Is WoW still worth it? Its been what, four years since its release. I havent ever played it, got GW first and never looked back, and I think that I'm about ready for something new. Aion is about to be released so do I wait or come in late on a party that's probably coming to an end?

More about : start wow wait

Best solution

August 22, 2009 3:59:02 AM

WoW is lots of fun if you like solo play. There is some group stuff but getting a group can be tough at times especially @ low lvls.

It is a good game. Expensive with all the expansions.
August 22, 2009 12:04:24 PM

wow is nice for about 3months or so,then youll run out of things to do since the endgame content is kinda easy now. just played wow for a total of 7 months and got all the gear i need which would still be high enough for the next expansion
m
l
Related resources
August 23, 2009 11:09:58 PM

jsimeon said:
Is WoW still worth it? Its been what, four years since its release. I havent ever played it, got GW first and never looked back, and I think that I'm about ready for something new. Aion is about to be released so do I wait or come in late on a party that's probably coming to an end?

I say wait for Aion to come out - Play that for a while and if your not happy with it, wait for the next wow expac which is going to revamp a lot of old content. My problem with starting fresh wow at this point is you have to buy the game and 2 ( soon to be 3 ) expansions on top of a monthly fee.
m
l
August 24, 2009 12:22:18 AM

I'd also say wait. The lower lvl populations just aren't what they used to be.
m
l
September 3, 2009 2:42:25 PM

Leveling up does suck unless you have some RL friends that can power you through them via recruit a friend. With RAF, you can get to 60 in a few days easy. After 60, it's not so bad. 60-80 can be a little time consuming, but WoW has made it super easy to get geared up at 80 and you won't be too far behind the gear curve.

That said, if you're solo at lower levels, be prepared to solo a lot of things. Aion will be nice, but if you like PvE, WoW will probably always best it (seeing as that's WoW's focus and Aion focuses on PvP).

Give it a try. Try the 10 day trial, see how you like it.
m
l
September 5, 2009 12:01:52 AM

I don't have specifics on dates, but I know Blizzard will be instituting cross-server group-finding, which will make it a tad easier to get groups at lower levels where it seems like there are only one or two people currently searching.

I'd say try Aion, get a nice fresh look at the game, and if it isn't your cup of tea, give WoW a shot. I know it's not concrete proof of being perfect, but there are 11 million people enjoying WoW, which I think might say at least something for the game.
m
l
September 5, 2009 4:39:22 AM

OK, so I tried WoW... verdict dont really like it. The game looks huge which I would imagine is a real plus. But, like your all saying there is no co-op play at all and the lvling is more tedious and the learning curve slower. GW still offers a lot more co-op or at least more players willing to help you out making it a more friendly place I think. As well, and much more of a minor thing, I dont like the graphics just to cartoonish for my taste. I think I'll wait for some reviews on Aion and just reload GW for my mmorpg fix.
m
l
!