Total: 107 votes (19 blank votes)

• Xbox 360
  • 33 %
  • PS3
  • 60 %
  • Wii
  • 9 %
August 23, 2009 4:32:42 AM

It seems like the 360 has far and away the most GOOD games, but the PS3 has a lot of unrealized potential, but the Wii has... well, the Wii has Brawl, I guess. PS3 is going down to 250 dollars and losing PS2 compatibility, but a used PS2 will probably cost around 75 dollars around Christmas. 360 has XBL, which isn't free, but is supposed to be a quality service. And the Wii appears to kinda suck, at least until MotionPlus comes out.

Your thoughts? I dislike playing any console game that isn't very very good, cuz once you've played God of War and Halo, nothing else is ever the same...

More about : buy 360 ps3 wii

August 23, 2009 4:38:02 AM

Just FYI, polls require you to select "Poll" as the thread type when you first post as seen here:

August 23, 2009 9:18:41 AM

In the UK at least, the price differential means the question should be should I buy a PS3 *or* an Xbox AND a Wii *or* an XBOX AND a bluray player.

Thats my thoughts anyway - I'd buy a 360 and a bluray player, or if your not interested in bluray then an xbox and a load of games and accesories. I have an xbox and a wii, dont really use the wii that much, my mates ps3, fair enough its an impressive piece of hardware, but it doesnt really do that much more than the 360 for the price unless you're fanatical about bluray, plus I know my xbox will be compatible with media centre and windows from here till forever.
Related resources
August 23, 2009 5:29:29 PM

get the 360 and play mass effect
August 23, 2009 5:39:09 PM

If you have friends who have a 360, then get a 360. If you don't get a ps3
August 23, 2009 8:07:11 PM

XBOX = friends on Xbox Live, have Netflix

PS3 = good blu-ray player on the cheap-ish (although this could be a 'have Netflix' point as well since blu-rays are quite pricey), also plays games, exclusive games are good.
September 10, 2009 5:46:00 PM

Well the ps3 has the better value since it has the wifi adapter already installed but with the xbox you have to buy it a 80-100 dollar accessory. you get the blu-ray capability the xbox has none which in the near future will start to show its worth since game that are coming out for example RAGE will be shipped on 3 discs for xbox but on 1 blu-ray for ps3. Next up you have the user replaceable hard drive which DOES NOT violate the warranty and can be upgraded to whatever capacity there is on the market for a notebook drive the xbox your stuck with an overpriced 120gb hdd. lastly you have PSN witch is free and offers the same functionality as xbox live except you dont end up buying your console again thru using it. and to top it all off you have the massive powerhouse that is the cell processor combined with the nvidia rsx gpu and you have the most powerful console on the market along with the best value.
September 12, 2009 1:14:05 AM

You want the games, not extras.... 360 for games all the way.
September 12, 2009 4:54:15 AM

Issue with the 360 is its 54% fail rate, thats just to high for me. I have a Wii and a PS3 and while I enjoy both I don't think Ive touched the Wii for two months.

If the fail rate of XB360's doesn't faze you then the answer lies in what type of gamer are you?

Full time gamer, dont care about anything else but the absolute max you can get out of your console for gaming? Then you're a XB360 fanboy!

Part time gamer that likes blu ray, game graphics are important to you and want a solid upconvertsion for standard DVD's? You look like a PS3 fanboy to me.

Not too big on online play and like to invite friends and family over to game? Dont care about DVD playback and want something for you and your peeps to do AT your house? Sounds like your fit for the Wii.

Ive played games on the ps3 and the xb360 and the graphics are so close its really a wash unless thats all that counts to you?

The Wii has a lot of momentum behind it and games are getting much better but there is still a limit to what they can push through the pipes. Thats not to say it's not fun but most of the games that are a complete blast are so because you're playing with friends. Online play is ok but not like what you find on the PS3 or XB360.

I chose the PS3 for blu ray, upconversion, its a solid gaming console and its a bit more stable than a 360.
November 22, 2009 10:27:37 PM

In case you have a gaming PC theres like no reason to get Xbox 360 since 99% of the Xbox3 60 games are on PC, so i will go for PS3
November 22, 2009 11:15:03 PM

I chose to wait for PS3 launch instead of 360 purely because I already had a gaming PC, and didn't want to pay for xbox live for the rest of my consoles life to play online. I don't regret it :D .
November 25, 2009 4:18:15 AM

x360 have a lot of good games and also error code especially red ring of dead. some of good x360 games can be found on PC but I still chose this one because of HALO (you can play mass effect and fable II on PC).
PS3 is your first choice i you are japanese RPG fans or Gran Turismo mania but ps3 games are expensive in my country so I pass.
Wii is good if you are social guy, playing with friends or family, it not that good if you play alone.
November 26, 2009 3:09:36 PM

You should get 360 if you want to play Gears of War both parts.
Wii - Mad World
Anonymous
December 30, 2009 4:59:16 AM

get the ps3 i had the 360 hated sold it los 100 saved bought the pss3 i cant stop playing wtching and haven fum
January 6, 2010 6:48:32 AM

from a wii you get tired of gaming, and in my opinion the xbox is the best. even if the ps3 had better settings/graphics. xbox has best variaty of games and best controller
February 6, 2010 3:36:02 AM

here my reply..my point of view the PS3 why? i tell you why
first off you got a amazing machine 2 blue ray 1080P movie (if you have the screen)
4 free internet server for game 5 you CAN hook also your ps3 to your comp and it easy 5 i can go on and on and on xbox 360? haha =HEAT. NO BLUE RAY,PAY ON LINE
LIFE SPAN, too much problem to mention had 2 of those ps3 NONE! ho yea i give one ting to the 360 its game catalogue but that it
and finaly THE MOST IMPORTANT REASON TO BUY A PS3??
answer= THE DRIVE OF YOUR LIFE !! in MARCH 2010 ***GT5*** ho YHEA BABY
shift? forza? hahahaha your joking lol
February 13, 2010 2:16:39 AM

Just avoid the Wii by any means.
February 14, 2010 3:29:45 PM

If you already have a good PC skip the Xbox 360 and go for the PS3 since you can't play their exclusives on PC.
February 15, 2010 2:24:46 AM

Im not going to go into detail but look at it this way...
XBox 360 = Online Gamer
PS3 = Entertainment Lover
Wii = Casual Gamer
February 16, 2010 3:25:49 AM

I have currently had all three until recently were im down to the 360 and wii. I think it really depends on your own personal idea of what you want because to be honest the reason i suggest you getting the 360is because they have a LARGER game selection and with the Natal coming out, i would say its the console to go for. and ask for the PS3 if you think its a great idea to get it because of blue ray think of it this way, a PS3 at walmart is going for $400 and the 360 is $199! so why don't you buy a 360 and a blue ray player? its close to the same price and you can have them in two different rooms if you like, and yes i have a 50inch HD at home as well and id say in just plain HD plug for the 360 makes a good enough difference that i really don't find a use for a blue ray it looks good enough! better then your reg. def. anyway! Also if your a mario freek like I am id say buy the wii its fun for gamers who love the classics and have kids, thats why i have the 360 and the Wii, I love the classics and have kids so the Wii is fun, plus i have the 360 for me and all my buds to play so we can do some FPSing action! but its basically what you want/need
Pros/Cons
Xbox 360-Pros:Cheap,Large collection of games,Natal Project (CHECK IT OUT!) Cons:Has had issues with consoles,No blue ray (But if your not a movie "FREEK" then you will survive without! The Hd looks good enough!)
Ps3- Comes with blue-ray,Has Some sweet games other consoles dont, its pretty Cons: EXPENSIVE compared to others, Doesnt have quite as many games, I think ps2 still outsells it?Mutiplayer is over crouded with Non-english speaking people!
Wii- Pros:Great for kids , Motion controls are fun to play with , Has classics!, has games to help you stay fit!(good for gamers stuck to screen helps you move the legs!) Cons:No HD what so ever! There is so much hardware to buy its like every game has a control!!! Not as much as you hope comes with the console!
So my conclusion:
Its up to your own personal idea of what you want!

Wii-If you have a family and like to laugh and have fun with them and the classics the Wii is yours, just remember its graphics are no were near close to either of the others!

PS3-If you love great looking movies and games with a pretty cool looking console, then you know what to get just remember its EXPENSIVE and becoming bilingual is almost a must!

xbox 360- If you love a huge selection of games, like the online experience, and can deal with good looking games (maybe not the best but REALLY close) then the 360 is yours and if you like playing WITHOUT CONTROLS then you'll think Natal looks like a better version of the Wii (just make sure you get the warranty with it!)
Anonymous
February 17, 2010 11:59:12 AM

trepanation said:
It seems like the 360 has far and away the most GOOD games, but the PS3 has a lot of unrealized potential, but the Wii has... well, the Wii has Brawl, I guess. PS3 is going down to 250 dollars and losing PS2 compatibility, but a used PS2 will probably cost around 75 dollars around Christmas. 360 has XBL, which isn't free, but is supposed to be a quality service. And the Wii appears to kinda suck, at least until MotionPlus comes out.

Your thoughts? I dislike playing any console game that isn't very very good, cuz once you've played God of War and Halo, nothing else is ever the same...

THE WII HAS GREAT FUN GAMES FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY , BUT PS3 IS FOR SERIOUS GAMERS

EVERYONE , ITS EITHER A WII OR A PS3 , an xbox 360 ALWAYS BREAKS DOWN NO MATTER WHAT VERSION U HAVE,
the ps3 is the ultimate console , plus wiv 360 u hav to buy many things , which the ps3 already has , like wifi,BUT GET A WII IF U WANT FAMILY FUN

IF UR A SERIOUS GAMER GET A PS3
IF U WANT TO HAVE FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY BUY A WII!!!
IF U WANT A BREAKING DOWN CONSOLE , GET A 360

Anonymous
February 17, 2010 12:03:47 PM

the wii is awesome , i own xbox 360 and ps3 and wii , and the xbox 360 is the console which is just on th side of my tv collecting dust , the wii is the console downstairs where all the family get 2 gether and play , and the ps3 is upstairs , which me , my dad , and my brotha( the serious gamers ) play on AT FIRST I USED 2 PLAY HALO ALOT , IT WAS 360'S TRUMP CARD , BUT NOW PS3 HAS LIKE 1000 EXCLUSIVES BETTER THAN HALO NOW its played on like 10X more yet it has never broken down and the xbox has
MANY TIMES

BOTTOM LINE: GET A PS3 OR WAIT , BECAUSE NINTENDO SAYS THERE WORKIN ON A NEW CONSOLE , *** MICROSOFT
February 17, 2010 7:34:19 PM

I have a wii, bought it for the kids last year and they seem to like it.

I recently turned in into a standard def media player using homebrew and it kicks ass. Accesses movies, mp3's etc over the wireless connection to my server and is very reliable. THe only resson it can not play hi-def is due to the processor speed and lack of support for some demux? instructions in hardware and drops frames.

Another win feature of homebrew is support for old games like Beneath a Steel Sky, Arkanoid, Tetris and my favorite Missile Command. I have the originals and the wii versions are far superior thanks to the wii remote.

Only down side is lack of hi-def output.
March 17, 2010 5:40:14 PM

njkid3 said:
Well the ps3 has the better value since it has the wifi adapter already installed but with the xbox you have to buy it a 80-100 dollar accessory. you get the blu-ray capability the xbox has none which in the near future will start to show its worth since game that are coming out for example RAGE will be shipped on 3 discs for xbox but on 1 blu-ray for ps3. Next up you have the user replaceable hard drive which DOES NOT violate the warranty and can be upgraded to whatever capacity there is on the market for a notebook drive the xbox your stuck with an overpriced 120gb hdd. lastly you have PSN witch is free and offers the same functionality as xbox live except you dont end up buying your console again thru using it. and to top it all off you have the massive powerhouse that is the cell processor combined with the nvidia rsx gpu and you have the most powerful console on the market along with the best value.

your not stuck with a 120gb HDD. just push the button and remove it. and i have a 2 TB HDD and you cant mod games as easy on ps3. and xbox live is a billion times better the psn ***. all tho i do like the ps3 a lot but im just not getting it only because it cost's a lot and the controller handles are to small.
March 17, 2010 11:44:02 PM

what do you mean 8th generation consoles? you mean like the wii, project NATAL and Sony's MOVE or something
March 18, 2010 7:54:53 AM

Nintendo have said there will be no WiiHD - sorry to disappoint you.

The PS3 is better value for money - you don't have to buy any extras, internet subscriptions etc.

It is also getting a Wii style motion control if that's what you like.
March 18, 2010 10:57:20 AM

With the exception of Fable/Halo, everything teh 360 has is avaliable on the PC platform as well. The PS3 right now has the most (and best) exclusive franchises, which means it currently has the best console.

Nice that the Wii craze is finally ending...
March 18, 2010 11:54:33 AM

gamerk316 said:
With the exception of Fable/Halo, everything teh 360 has is avaliable on the PC platform as well. The PS3 right now has the most (and best) exclusive franchises, which means it currently has the best console.

Nice that the Wii craze is finally ending...

personaly i think its opion because i had a wii and a ps3 and a 360. sold my wii almost instantly. i dont like the ps3 live or the controlers(to small handles). i love my 360 ( so mabey the RROD is anoying but the ps3 fans break and then the ps3 wont turn on. 360 is ingame moddable with the removable HDD. THE WII JUST SUCKS
March 18, 2010 9:02:08 PM

No one should ever try to compare PS3 and 360 reliability. There is absolutely no room for doubt in which one is more likely to survive longer in your home. PSN was weak at the launch of the PS3, fair to say live was far superior, and expected, considering you pay, and they had a head start with that sort of online development with the first Xbox. Today, PSN and live compare very well, once you take the price of each into account. Live is better, but for free, PSN matches perfectly fine.

I have been a playstation user since the launch of the PS1, and my hands, in a resting state, appear to be holding a phantom ps game controller. I can't comment of the 360 controller, as I am physiologically biased in the discussion.
March 20, 2010 2:08:29 PM

why isn't there a consoles are retarded option ?
April 3, 2010 10:39:46 PM

1. Type www.ebay.com into your browser
2. Search for Xbox 360 Pro Console
3. Find a working console with all the accessories.
4. Purchase it.
5. Search for PS3 Console
6. Find a working console with all the accessories.
7. Purchase it.
8. Search for Wii Console.
9. Find a working console with all the accessories
10. Purchase it.
11. ?????
12. PROFIT
April 4, 2010 2:49:22 PM

well id say 360 for alot of games, but also more games are coming to ps3, id say go for the ps3, i have both and either one is a good choice, and the ps3 is quieter then the 360,
April 4, 2010 3:17:50 PM

I have all 3 and let me tell you I only play 360 for gears and halo most other games can be played on pc. I use my ps3 the most for gaming movies blu ray and streaming videos. I haven't touched my wii in months really only play tiger on it but since the weather warmed up I play real golf I brought my wii to my sister's house for the kids to play with and they barely use it. If you have a decent pc get the ps3.
April 5, 2010 7:41:40 AM

Quote:
Because, it is a givin answer, the just are. Bad cpu, poor rendering, not too many good games in the last 5-8 years of the industry. You know.

gb2pcdiscussion
April 6, 2010 1:00:42 AM

i don't get either of this cat's posts
April 14, 2010 1:25:41 AM

I've got all three and can say this.
360 has the most good games. If a game comes out for both it and the PS3 I go for the 360. Why? Because its controllers ergonomics are out of this world compared to the dinosaur that is the PS3 control.
But the PS3 does seem to have more really good exlusive games, Killzone 2 is bar none the best console shooter I have ever played. And Metal Gear Solid 4 was almost worth the price of the console itself.
In regards to the wii, very very few games worth getting. Seems to be the only good games for the wii are games developed by Nintendo, pretty much all the rest of the 3rd party support is crap with titles like My Pony Adventure, or is some compilation of gay ass mini games. Not saying the wii is bad by any stretch, the games nintendo makes themselves are stellar!
April 15, 2010 5:47:09 PM

I don't know why people buy gaming consoles for stuff that isn't gaming so for value of what you are actually getting out of your console I would say the PS3 is the worst because you are spending money on a bunch of fluff. The abilities that come with the PS3 are easily matched or outdone by a simple computer which most everybody with a PS3 is going to have anyways. The only positive going for the PS3 is there are more exclusives.

The 360 has the hands down best online service and as vast an array of games as the other consoles.

The Wii is a multi-person funbox only. Don't bother if you are getting it just for you to enjoy by yourself. Unless the Wii Fit means that much to you, but there's a such thing as the gym and outside.
April 24, 2010 1:11:38 PM

Quote:
Nintendo needs to release NES arcade games that featurres many of the old NES games that were popular in the 80's...like Donkey Kong, Mario Bros,ect...

I thought you could buy them games in the Wii store.
April 24, 2010 5:22:24 PM

this thread needs to end :p 
April 29, 2010 6:47:28 PM

I was going to buy the Xbox for Christmas but a couple people told me the PS3 controller was better, so I went with that instead. I haven't had a console since SNES days so I dunno. But I'm happy with the PS3 since I got it pretty cheap during the holidays. Do have one beef - bought a 2nd controller and they cheaped out & didn't include a USB cable with it. And the BD remote has the stop button right below the play button, instead of the pause button like most other remotes, which means you have to start the movie over again from scratch as there's no resume feature that I've found yet. Guess that's two beefs - one more and I'd have a cow :D .

IMO the PS3 is a pretty well-rounded entertainment system, as it has a decent BD player and WiFi built-in, plus I mainly game on the PC. The BD player is better than my old dedicated Sony first-gen player. I have it hooked up to an Onkyo AV receiver with 7.1 Klipsch reference bookshelf speakers & subwoofer, and a 50" Pioneer Elite plasma TV. Avatar looked good enough on it that I could have charged admission to my home theater this past weekend :kaola:  .
April 29, 2010 7:29:23 PM

If nothing else Sony's new EULA is enough for me to say buy anything else. Their recent FU to the Linux community means I'm not going to be buying anything Sony for quite some time to come.. shame as I had been looking at a PS3.

April 29, 2010 10:53:14 PM

audiovoodoo said:
If nothing else Sony's new EULA is enough for me to say buy anything else. Their recent FU to the Linux community means I'm not going to be buying anything Sony for quite some time to come.. shame as I had been looking at a PS3.

Gotta admit, it did take a pretty long time to scroll to the bottom of that EULA which I still haven't read - hope I didn't give away my firstborn kid by accident! Or maybe I got lucky and did! :D 

Anyway, I used to think like that too, with Sony's infamous DRM rootkits, pushing HDDVD to extinction in favor of the more expensive BD, buying out a bunch of movie studios in order to corner the content providers, their stupid proprietary "memory sticks", etc etc. But then my Sharp Aquos HDTV died on me a few months after the warranty expired, and Sharp had not only had discontinued the model, they also shut down the parts line so I was SOL about getting a replacement panel. Luckily I had bought it with a Visa platinum card which extended the warranty by a year, so I got a sizeable refund. Since Sony is hard to beat for hardware, I bought a bigger HDTV from Best Buy and had enough left over to get a cheap BD player, plus 10 free BD movies :p .

But, I have learned not to mix politics with hardware, and I have usually been happy with Sony hardware. And I think the recent recession has sorta slapped Sony in the face, like what Toyota is currently going through, and maybe they're not such snot-noses nowadays :p .
May 11, 2010 9:33:27 PM

Well i have both of them PS3 AND XBOX-360 the best choice it depend in what you you want from the console if you want just to play games online or not... Then i think xbox-360 (and there is another think... you can crack xbox360 so you can play the downloaded games from internet) is the best choice but if you want to watch -High definition movies- with the best quality (for me the best blu-ray player ever) and play games then go for PS3 (Note: PS3 has not cracked yet exept from what -GEO HOT- has done so far)

Well about WII:
WASTED TIME - WASTED MONEY,
BUT IF YOU ARE A GIRL... just buy it.
July 2, 2010 6:29:39 PM

Hoh hoh hoh, why not get the WiiS360? :sweat:  No game will be unavailable to you just because it was made exclusively for one console! ...

Huh... I wish. I have a 360 and love it...but dang there's some games that make me die inside because I can't play them. Uncharted 2, God Of War 3, Brawl, and in the future Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXIV. If only I was rich... Tch.
July 2, 2010 8:28:19 PM

i have all of the above wii 360 and ps3

use the ps3 most due to it just looking better and freeonline playability

wii is more for with friends playing smashbros brawl and minigames like rayman.

360 hasn't been turned on in a few months mostly casue anythign i want on 360 is also n the pc and i can usually get it for a better deal through steam whiel not having to worry abotu if i lose the disk (i don't ever resell games)
July 3, 2010 6:08:30 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!