Adware Norton says "YES", MS "NO"

I have Norton Internet Security on my XP Home. In the threat alert it states
I have AdWare on computer with message that "delete failed" above it. My MS
AntiSpyware says computer clear. I am confused.
--
Just Learning
4 answers Last reply

    Hi,

    MS Anti spyware is a beta with limited capabilities. I'm not a fan of any
    Norton product, but it is more likely to be correct here.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Proud_Eagle" <ProudEagle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have Norton Internet Security on my XP Home. In the threat alert it
    >states
    > I have AdWare on computer with message that "delete failed" above it. My
    > MS
    > AntiSpyware says computer clear. I am confused.
    > --
    > Just Learning

    On Sat, 14 May 2005 15:51:01 -0700, "Proud_Eagle"
    <ProudEagle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I have Norton Internet Security on my XP Home. In the threat alert it states
    >I have AdWare on computer with message that "delete failed" above it. My MS
    >AntiSpyware says computer clear. I am confused.

    Run it again. It's a beta program. If it misses the next time thru it's gone.
    Adaware can also be had for free. and it's not in beta testing.

    Thanks, I installed Ad-Ware SE and ran it. I just had some cookies that I
    quarintined, saidnothing about adware on computer.
    --
    Just Learning

    Proud_Eagle wrote:
    > Thanks, I installed Ad-Ware SE and ran it. I just had some cookies
    > that I quarintined, saidnothing about adware on computer.

    This is why M/S beta showed nothing,it doesn't report cookies,where as
    Norton most likely did (tracking cookie or data miner)no big deal.

    Mike Pawlak

    >> On Sat, 14 May 2005 15:51:01 -0700, "Proud_Eagle"
    >> <ProudEagle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have Norton Internet Security on my XP Home. In the threat alert
    >>> it states I have AdWare on computer with message that "delete
    >>> failed" above it. My MS AntiSpyware says computer clear. I am
    >>> confused.
    >>
    >> Run it again. It's a beta program. If it misses the next time thru
    >> it's gone. Adaware can also be had for free. and it's not in beta
    >> testing. --
    >> more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html

Norton Computers Internet Security Windows XP