Scan disk

May 15, 2005 3:23:32 AM

Any help?

I have tried scan disk to check for errors in the standard mode and checked
auto fix errors.
It starts, goes for approx 30% checking file allocation, switches to
checking folders for approx 40% and returns to checking file allocation.
The cycle continues. I stopped it at 10 cycles. Shall I continue the
checking or is there a problem that can not be resolved?
Windows Millennium.
Thanks for any ideas.

More about : scan disk

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 10:48:34 AM

Why are you asking a Windows ME question in a Windows XP group? XP does not even
have Scandisk.

For Scandisk problems, have a look here, by MS MVP Ron Badour:
http://home.satx.rr.com/badour/html/scandisk.html

Try waiting a little longer than the 10 cycles, and see if it completes.
Close all background programs and try again.
Try Scandisk in Safe Mode.
If no joy, Scandisk from a boot to DOS mode.
Find ye a WinME group.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Bert" <bertp@monmouth.com> wrote in message
> Any help?
>
> I have tried scan disk to check for errors in the standard mode and checked
> auto fix errors.
> It starts, goes for approx 30% checking file allocation, switches to
> checking folders for approx 40% and returns to checking file allocation.
> The cycle continues. I stopped it at 10 cycles. Shall I continue the
> checking or is there a problem that can not be resolved?
> Windows Millennium.
> Thanks for any ideas.

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 11:18:03 AM

<follow-up set to windowsme.systemtools>

Hi Bert,

Better to ask this in a WinME group where the information will be more
appropriate. Try restarting in Safe mode and running the disk check there to
mimimize interference.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/