HTC Not Interested in Palm; Palm Can Survive

Status
Not open for further replies.

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Palm needs to innovate and open up. Otherwise R.I.P.! It's really that simple and I am afraid they don't have the resources anymore to do it on their own.

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
[citation][nom]theuerkorn[/nom]Palm needs to innovate and open up. Otherwise R.I.P.! It's really that simple and I am afraid they don't have the resources anymore to do it on their own.[/citation]
Its too late their obviously trying to sale the company b/c their recent products werent that successful this is what happens when everyone buys a single product apple.

G

They made the mistake of only offering one hardware platform for the phone. Even though Apple pulled it off, Palm made their phone way too specific in taste. Didn't cater to the people who prefer a virtual keyboard, or people who like bigger screens.. etc. WebOS has lots of potential, but they gotta expand the hardware variety.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Too bad that palm couldn't get its act together in time - as far as products are concerned, they had the edge when the smartphone revolution began but they lacked imagination, and certainly had a substandard marketing dept/firm. You look at the iphone - what a piece of crap (really, I know) and yet it sells for no other reason than marketing and perception. I loved my treo, but I moved on to an htc and if I had to I'd rather use the "cell phone" from miami vice than an ugly cliched iphone.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]In Europe we do not buy Apple...[/citation]

Lies. Apple sells a ton of iPhones in Europe.

[citation][nom]totheshed[/nom]I wish I could say that about America[/citation]

Fanboy to the new level right here. Being embarrassed because people in America buy iPhones. Hey, hide your iPhone when you visit Europe!!

r3z0nate

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
I was interested in upgrading from my Treo 700p to the new Pre Plus, but I'm sick of every provider getting away with fixing prices, and basically charging whatever they want regardless of what it actually costs to operate. From the $5-$15 text messaging plans, to the $30 data plan that is now mandatory for every phone that isn't crap on the market. I'd pay for an unlimited data plan, if they were honest enough to admit that text messages cost them practically nothing to send & the phone could do everything over the net..

Status
Not open for further replies.