xp home time help

Hi,
I have a dell with windows xp home on it.I checked for
viruses,adaware,ect..Nothing came up.
I keep on adjusting the time.automaticall adjust time with internet
server is checked.I tried all the options in the pull down box.None of
them keep the right time.
Is there a fix for this?
Thanks in advance.

On Sun, 15 May 2005 18:50:53 GMT, zubzero <subzero@itscold.net> wrote:

>Hi,
> I have a dell with windows xp home on it.I checked for
>viruses,adaware,ect..Nothing came up.
>I keep on adjusting the time.automaticall adjust time with internet
>server is checked.I tried all the options in the pull down box.None of
>them keep the right time.
>Is there a fix for this?
>Thanks in advance.

I'll assume you know you have to be connected to the web to set / adjust the
clock with that time server.

You don't mention any error messages, so there's no reason to believe you
aren't making contact.

So one option might be that you don't have your time zone set correctly.

You don't say whether it's just losing minutes possibly a dying computer
battery.

You need to fill in more blanks to get a more accurate answer.

You should see
'Time has been successfully synchronized with [whatever, probably]
time.windows.com on some date goes here.'

Fill in that message and there'll be more info on why it's failing. ie: 1-24
hours off, or minutes.
There's also daylight savings time.

Hi,
There is no error message.Just the time is always behind 1 hour.
It is always one hour behind.I live in New Jersey and it is set to
Central Time(US and Canada).
It is all the time happening to it.Always 1 hr behind no matter what I
do.I even unchecked the auto. syn. with internet server.

On Sun, 15 May 2005 15:06:15 -0400, Husky <cbminfo@toast.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 15 May 2005 18:50:53 GMT, zubzero <subzero@itscold.net> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>> I have a dell with windows xp home on it.I checked for
>>viruses,adaware,ect..Nothing came up.
>>I keep on adjusting the time.automaticall adjust time with internet
>>server is checked.I tried all the options in the pull down box.None of
>>them keep the right time.
>>Is there a fix for this?
>>Thanks in advance.
>
>I'll assume you know you have to be connected to the web to set / adjust the
>clock with that time server.
>
>You don't mention any error messages, so there's no reason to believe you
>aren't making contact.
>
>So one option might be that you don't have your time zone set correctly.
>
>You don't say whether it's just losing minutes possibly a dying computer
>battery.
>
>You need to fill in more blanks to get a more accurate answer.
>
>You should see
>'Time has been successfully synchronized with [whatever, probably]
>time.windows.com on some date goes here.'
>
>Fill in that message and there'll be more info on why it's failing. ie: 1-24
>hours off, or minutes.
>There's also daylight savings time.

On the Time Zone page of Date and Time Properties make sure
you've got a check mark in the box next to "Automatically adjust
the clock for daylight savings changes".

--
Nepatsfan

On Sun, 15 May 2005 19:12:38 GMT, zubzero <subzero@itscold.net> wrote:

>Hi,
> There is no error message.Just the time is always behind 1 hour.
> It is always one hour behind.I live in New Jersey and it is set to
>Central Time(US and Canada).
>It is all the time happening to it.Always 1 hr behind no matter what I
>do.I even unchecked the auto. syn. with internet server.
Isn't new Jersey Eastern Standard time ?
Set your time zone to eastern.

>On Sun, 15 May 2005 15:06:15 -0400, Husky <cbminfo@toast.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 15 May 2005 18:50:53 GMT, zubzero <subzero@itscold.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>> I have a dell with windows xp home on it.I checked for
>>>viruses,adaware,ect..Nothing came up.
>>>I keep on adjusting the time.automaticall adjust time with internet
>>>server is checked.I tried all the options in the pull down box.None of
>>>them keep the right time.
>>>Is there a fix for this?
>>>Thanks in advance.
>>
>>I'll assume you know you have to be connected to the web to set / adjust the
>>clock with that time server.
>>
>>You don't mention any error messages, so there's no reason to believe you
>>aren't making contact.
>>
>>So one option might be that you don't have your time zone set correctly.
>>
>>You don't say whether it's just losing minutes possibly a dying computer
>>battery.
>>
>>You need to fill in more blanks to get a more accurate answer.
>>
>>You should see
>>'Time has been successfully synchronized with [whatever, probably]
>>time.windows.com on some date goes here.'
>>
>>Fill in that message and there'll be more info on why it's failing. ie: 1-24
>>hours off, or minutes.
>>There's also daylight savings time.

Hi,
On the time zone-It is checked there also for daylight savings
changes.
Thanks in advance.

On Sun, 15 May 2005 15:24:44 -0400, "Nepatsfan"
<nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote:

>On the Time Zone page of Date and Time Properties make sure
>you've got a check mark in the box next to "Automatically adjust
>the clock for daylight savings changes".

I just reread your other message and the light bulb clicked.
You're in New Jersey. Why are you using the Central Time Zone?
The last time I checked NJ was on the East coast in the Eastern
Time Zone.

--
> Hi,
> On the time zone-It is checked there also for daylight
> savings
> changes.
> Thanks in advance.
>

> On Sun, 15 May 2005 15:24:44 -0400, "Nepatsfan"
> <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote:
>
>>On the Time Zone page of Date and Time Properties make sure
>>you've got a check mark in the box next to "Automatically
>>adjust
>>the clock for daylight savings changes".

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

NJ is Eastern time zone

zubzero wrote:
> Hi,
> There is no error message.Just the time is always behind 1 hour.
> It is always one hour behind.I live in New Jersey and it is set to
> Central Time(US and Canada).
> It is all the time happening to it.Always 1 hr behind no matter what I
> do.I even unchecked the auto. syn. with internet server.
>
> On Sun, 15 May 2005 15:06:15 -0400, Husky <cbminfo@toast.net> wrote:
>

>>On Sun, 15 May 2005 18:50:53 GMT, zubzero <subzero@itscold.net> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>> I have a dell with windows xp home on it.I checked for
>>>viruses,adaware,ect..Nothing came up.
>>>I keep on adjusting the time.automaticall adjust time with internet
>>>server is checked.I tried all the options in the pull down box.None of
>>>them keep the right time.
>>>Is there a fix for this?
>>>Thanks in advance.
>>
>>I'll assume you know you have to be connected to the web to set / adjust the
>>clock with that time server.
>>
>>You don't mention any error messages, so there's no reason to believe you
>>aren't making contact.
>>
>>So one option might be that you don't have your time zone set correctly.
>>
>>You don't say whether it's just losing minutes possibly a dying computer
>>battery.
>>
>>You need to fill in more blanks to get a more accurate answer.
>>
>>You should see
>>'Time has been successfully synchronized with [whatever, probably]
>>time.windows.com on some date goes here.'
>>
>>Fill in that message and there'll be more info on why it's failing. ie: 1-24
>>hours off, or minutes.
>>There's also daylight savings time.

Hi,
Thank you soo much.That was it! Go figure.
I thought that a new Dell computer would have been set-up for use.
Thanks for all those who helped. Have a nice day.

On Sun, 15 May 2005 15:34:57 -0400, "Nepatsfan"
<nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote:

>I just reread your other message and the light bulb clicked.
>You're in New Jersey. Why are you using the Central Time Zone?
>The last time I checked NJ was on the East coast in the Eastern
>Time Zone.

You're welcome.

--

> Hi,
> Thank you soo much.That was it! Go figure.
> I thought that a new Dell computer would have been set-up for
> use.
> Thanks for all those who helped. Have a nice day.
>
> On Sun, 15 May 2005 15:34:57 -0400, "Nepatsfan"
> <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote:
>
>>I just reread your other message and the light bulb clicked.
>>You're in New Jersey. Why are you using the Central Time Zone?
>>The last time I checked NJ was on the East coast in the Eastern
>>Time Zone.

kelly

you live in eastern time, not central. hence the time difference.

*koff koff*

"zubzero" wrote:

> Hi,
> There is no error message.Just the time is always behind 1 hour.
> It is always one hour behind.I live in New Jersey and it is set to
> Central Time(US and Canada).
> It is all the time happening to it.Always 1 hr behind no matter what I
> do.I even unchecked the auto. syn. with internet server.
>
> On Sun, 15 May 2005 15:06:15 -0400, Husky <cbminfo@toast.net> wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 15 May 2005 18:50:53 GMT, zubzero <subzero@itscold.net> wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >> I have a dell with windows xp home on it.I checked for
> >>viruses,adaware,ect..Nothing came up.
> >>I keep on adjusting the time.automaticall adjust time with internet
> >>server is checked.I tried all the options in the pull down box.None of
> >>them keep the right time.
> >>Is there a fix for this?
> >>Thanks in advance.
> >
> >I'll assume you know you have to be connected to the web to set / adjust the
> >clock with that time server.
> >
> >You don't mention any error messages, so there's no reason to believe you
> >aren't making contact.
> >
> >So one option might be that you don't have your time zone set correctly.
> >
> >You don't say whether it's just losing minutes possibly a dying computer
> >battery.
> >
> >You need to fill in more blanks to get a more accurate answer.
> >
> >You should see
> >'Time has been successfully synchronized with [whatever, probably]
> >time.windows.com on some date goes here.'
> >
> >Fill in that message and there'll be more info on why it's failing. ie: 1-24
> >hours off, or minutes.
> >There's also daylight savings time.

It was: Dell is located in Round Rock, TX, which is Central Time zone.
--
~PA Bear