Cannot get back to my posting

I am trying to contact MS-MVP who helped me - Bert Kinney I tried but failed.

Hi,
newsgroup. Find your original message ( and Bert's reply.) Select Bert's
answer and click on "Reply" (just above the messages pane.)

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"nurmi" <nurmi[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to contact MS-MVP who helped me - Bert Kinney I tried but
failed.

Lets see if PINGing Bert will get his attention. <g>

Nurmi, If you are on the Web interface, scroll down a few posts, where you should find your original.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

"nurmi" wrote
>I am trying to contact MS-MVP who helped me - Bert Kinney I tried but failed.

Hi Nurmi,

The following link with open Outlook Express directly to this
newsgroup.
The web interface is next to worthless.

Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader

Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
http://dts-l.org/

nurmi wrote:
> I am trying to contact MS-MVP who helped me - Bert Kinney
> I tried but failed.

Thanks Maurice, that was just it, I was unable to find my original request.
Thanks

--"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> Lets see if PINGing Bert will get his attention. <g>
>
> Nurmi, If you are on the Web interface, scroll down a few posts, where you should find your original.
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> -----
>
> "nurmi" wrote
> >I am trying to contact MS-MVP who helped me - Bert Kinney I tried but failed.
> > --

Thanks Don, Now I am with it. Not only "new" but blind.

--

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> newsgroup. Find your original message ( and Bert's reply.) Select Bert's
> answer and click on "Reply" (just above the messages pane.)
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE/OE]
>
> "nurmi" <nurmi[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am trying to contact MS-MVP who helped me - Bert Kinney I tried but
> failed.

Thanks Bert. Your help as well as the help by Don and Maurice is very
appreciated.
Without experts like the three of you, people like me, would probably give up.
Thanks again!
Richard
--

"Bert Kinney" wrote:

> Hi Nurmi,
>
> The following link with open Outlook Express directly to this
> newsgroup.
> The web interface is next to worthless.
>
> Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>
> nurmi wrote:
> > I am trying to contact MS-MVP who helped me - Bert Kinney
> > I tried but failed.

Hi Bert,
I followed your instr. for setting up the newsgroup and ended up with 100 of
mails in languages other than english. Is that usual now?
Thanks.
--
an old - old guy who tries to keep up!

"Bert Kinney" wrote:

> Hi Nurmi,
>
> The following link with open Outlook Express directly to this
> newsgroup.
> The web interface is next to worthless.
>
> Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>
> nurmi wrote:
> > I am trying to contact MS-MVP who helped me - Bert Kinney
> > I tried but failed.

Y W
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

"nurmi" wrote

On Sun, 15 May 2005 20:10:01 -0700, nurmi wrote:

> I followed your instr. for setting up the newsgroup and ended up with 100 of
> mails in languages other than english. Is that usual now?

Yes, it's normal. That's the newsgroup list. Using that list, you can type:
microsoft.public.windowsxp into the "display newsgroups which contain:"
box. That will narrow down the list for you. Then select a topic and click
the Subscribe button to "subscribe" (add to newsreader) to the newsgroups
that you want to return to and read. Repeat until you have added all of the
groups that you want.

When you close the newsgroup window, you'll have some new additions to your
newsreader: a listing for the news server with sub-listings showing your
subscribed newsgroups.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Thank you Bert, sorry it took so long but my winxp did not boot-up after
trying for several hours to get to "save boot" I had to reformat and install
every programs. The next day the same day happened. This time I could get
XP to Repair. I don't know why this is happening and I don't know what to
do? It's almost too much this time.
But again thanks for taking the time.
Nurmi
--

"Bert Kinney" wrote:

> Hi Nurmi,
>
> The following link with open Outlook Express directly to this
> newsgroup.
> The web interface is next to worthless.
>
> Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>
> nurmi wrote:
> > I am trying to contact MS-MVP who helped me - Bert Kinney
> > I tried but failed.

Hi Nurmi,

Sorry to hear that. If you describe exactly what's happening with the
system, and any report error messages produced, maybe we can help
figure this out.

Here are some tip you may find helpful.
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

--

nurmi wrote:
> Thank you Bert, sorry it took so long but my winxp did
> not boot-up after trying for several hours to get to
> "save boot" I had to reformat and install every programs.
> The next day the same day happened. This time I could
> get XP to Repair. I don't know why this is happening and
> I don't know what to do? It's almost too much this time.
> But again thanks for taking the time.
> Nurmi
>
>> Hi Nurmi,
>>
>> The following link with open Outlook Express directly to
>> this newsgroup.
>> The web interface is next to worthless.
>>
>> Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader
>> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
>> http://dts-l.org/
>>
>> nurmi wrote:
>>> I am trying to contact MS-MVP who helped me - Bert
>>> Kinney I tried but failed.

rico

Hi Bert!

It's been six days since I had the blue screens. Since then the PC runs as
it should. So thank you and thank all others who helped. It's good to
know you are out there. Oh yes, thanks for the URL. One questions I have
was not answered:
When do I post a reply to the group wenn to the originator of the msg?
I hope you had a safe memorial day.
Nurmi

"Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
> Hi Nurmi,
>
> Sorry to hear that. If you describe exactly what's happening with the
> system, and any report error messages produced, maybe we can help figure
> this out.
>
> Here are some tip you may find helpful.
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/

You're welcome Nurmi. I see that you are finally using Outlook Express
for accessing these newsgroups. Here are a couple of web pages that
will explain the use if OE.

Outlook Express: Getting News from Newsgroups
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/gettingnews.mspx

Outlook Express: Viewing and Posting to Newsgroups
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/newsgroups.mspx

Have a great weekend.