Local Network Icon Help needed

I have a note book computer with a WIFI card on a network.
The Local Network Icon not connected is in the system tray. I would
like to get rid of this as I do not and will not have a wired
connection on this computer.
I use the customize option to always hide but it come back on reboot.
Thanks in advance for any ideas or fixes.
2 answers Last reply
More about local network icon needed

    Use Device Manager and disable the wired NIC, if you're not going to use it. Right click My Computer, Propeties, Hardware, Device Manager.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "GreyTop" <GreyTop@military.com> wrote in message news:38if8153lvn2ureco8da968e6jj61o4vs6@4ax.com...
    >I have a note book computer with a WIFI card on a network.
    > The Local Network Icon not connected is in the system tray. I would
    > like to get rid of this as I do not and will not have a wired
    > connection on this computer.
    > I use the customize option to always hide but it come back on reboot.
    > Thanks in advance for any ideas or fixes.

    On Sun, 15 May 2005 19:08:04 -0400, "Doug Knox MS-MVP"
    <dknox@mvps.org> wrote:

    >Use Device Manager and disable the wired NIC, if you're not going to use it. Right click My Computer, Propeties, Hardware, Device Manager.
    That did it.
    Thanks

Computers Microsoft Windows XP