Can my PC handle Batman Arkham Asylum?

ryan54

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
I've tried running a scan over at systemrequirementslab.com, and I'm a little over the recommended line But the thing is my graphics card just barely made it pass the minimum requirement's I've tried playing COD 4 on this computer and it worked fine when I first bought the game but now when I play it it lags like hell Even in singleplayer I've tried asking other forums and they all reply telling me to change my graphics card, disable any useless programs running in the background, but those don't help at all.

Can anyone tell me how to "renew" my computer again? It used to be able to play COD4 smoothly without any lag on this graphics card...

Specifications:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000
Ram: 3.2 GB
NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

Thanks in advance!

You can probably play at low settings, but lets be real: The 9500GT is considered the barebones minimum for gaming, and the 9600GT is the recommended base card to start with...

CPU is OK...not great, but good enough. RAM is fine. Its a weak GPU that will be causing problems.

klsdivan

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2008
a 275 is probably a bit overkill with a x2 5000 and you dont evan know what res he is playing at if it is just 1280x1024 then a 250/4850 should be able to max it.

ryan54

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
Actually, I think I'm going to go with a 9600GT. I usually set my res to 800x600 (only if I lag a lot in the game). Otherwise, I just go with 1024x768.

Adroid

Distinguished
Download the free demo off steam dude. Find out for yourself =)

PS I got a GTX 260 with a 3ghz quad core I can play almost anything full blast on 1680 x 1050. And your CPU will probably bottleneck you on that anyway - someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If you got a sli or crossfire setup there are some hot deals out now... Check the Monthly recommendations here on Toms. I am a single card kinda guy myself but as mentioned before the GTX 260 core 216 I got for like 160 after rebate and it rocks my world. But make sure your case will fit that sucker its like 11" long. And check your PSU first too...

Adroid

Distinguished
I don't recommend the GTS 250 because the GTX 260 will smoke that one, and it will play anything for the next couple years under moderate settings guaranteed. Wait another month if you need to save the cash but nows a pretty good time to buy in my opinion.

ryan54

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
I basically want to play Batman AA without any lag at all.
But I heard the 9600GT doesn't support Physx. Is this true? Will I get any lag, or objects missing, etc?

And while I'm at it, whats the difference between a 9600GT and a 9800GT?

Thanks!

G

im using batmn arkham at 1600*1050, physx on using 9600gtx and get an avg fps of 40 and very rearly does it go below 30 on ANY part of the game, what im wondering is, whats the poing of using the sujjested 250? from wht iv read here thats a very similar cr, although ive yt tolook into the full specs of the 260. probly will upgrade sooneror later when the prices drop, altho, i dont us aa atm, so perhaps that will make all the diff.

G

about 50 MB clockspeed rate and about 13GiG texture fillrate :)

Adroid

Distinguished
On a different note how is the game? I played the demo and liked it. Is the full version short? I might buy it if I can get more than 3 hours of play out of it :D

G

the game is totally awesome in everyway, graphically, intensity, dificulty monsters, physx etc.. blah blaah blah, but iyes its kinda short, it took me only 20 days at 2 hours a day m but its worth every cent/penny imo
expect 16- 20 hours, depnding if u try to collect the trophies and riddles etc...

G

lol, dont wanna spoil the ending for ya, but the joker fite at the end is a complete anticlimax :)

reconviperone1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006

Yes it supports it, hell even the 9400, and 9500gt supports phys x, thats why nvidia did that catty thing of disabling phy x if a amd card is present, as far as the difference between the 2 gpus, the 9600gt has 64 stream processors, the 9800 gt has 112, go with the 9800gt, for your cpu

G

keep away from the 9400 i lags at about 20 fps, i use a 9600 gtx and get an avg of 40 ish mostly (naything above 30 is smooth enough for the human eye to not detect the lag)

G

cpu and ram are prolly ok to, im only using a 6400+ dual core running at 3.21 snd never does it need nore than about 85% full load, so ur fine there unless u wanna play some hardcore music player or some such *** in the background

G

sorry for the change of subject, but im too lazy to search the threads, doees anyone know a good place to get the lowdown on the various UT3 maps and modes so i dont suck toooo bad, atm im only any good at capping flags