All programs > world of warcraft

colepeltier83

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
ok i play a game called world of warcraft but my parents think it is the devil. i have put the game in hidden files and deleted the desktop short cuts and everything but they always manage to still find and uninstall the game because they can see it when they go to START and ALL PROGRAMS so i was wondering if there was a way that i can make it so that when i download world of warcraft it will not show up on the ALL PROGRAMS list please if anyone can help... email me at colepeltier83@yahoo.com and title the email "how to hide from programs list" or something close to that thank you very much

daship

Distinguished
LOL, like your not gonna get busted playing it. When your in the middle of a raid and you might win some uber gear and they call you for super and you dont come.

Im sure your parents are monitoring your activities since they no you are a naughty ***.

Dekasav

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
Actually, World of Warcraft IS the devil, and you should leave it uninstalled permanently.

Parents always know what's best.

(this is not sarcastic, for those of you who think this is.)

G

I suggest you wait untill you are old enough to play WOW without your parents permission, then you will not be going behind their back to do it,, first wow, next smoking, then drugs then ....... you know where I am going....

besides on a technical note, it will always show up in the add/remove programmes in the control panel...so no hiding it there, but you can always create a second admin user, install it for that user only and hide the folder in the C:\program folder and hope they dont go to the control panel....

My honest opinion, talk to your folks, explain the game sensibly, let them watch it for a few minutes, (social aspect, make sure you have friends on talking decently) and come to some arrangent with them about restrictions such as time spent on the game, if you come up with limits to on time you are far more likely to get your folks approval...

And lastly, dont give out your E-Mail address on forums, thats just a bad Idea always ok...... delete that address and create a new one and keep it safer because it is clear your name and surname is in the address and that you are young...