Age of Conan DX10 question

Hi All,

i have been playing Age of Conan for a while now, (its a low fantasy mmo based on Conan lore, just in case you dont know it)

the game has pretty heavy graphics, it can run on both DX9 and DX10 (it has two distinct clients). i just upgraded my PC to :

i7 920
GTX 275
Velociraptor VL150
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R
6G corsair Dominator DDR3 1600

resolution i play on : 1920x1200

with the above config, i can pretty much max DX9 and still get a decent FPS but DX 10 is still giving me hard time, the frame rats drops bad...

if anyone has any experience with this game or can shed some light on this issue i would really appreciate it.

im really confused if its the games fault, DX10 fault or do i just need more GPU muscle for it?!

thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about conan dx10 question
  1. My guess would be poor programming. AoC was supposed to be DX10 from the ground up but ended up launching without actually having DX10. I didn't even play the game long enough for the DX10 patch to come out, but the fact that it was supposed to be a staple of the game and didn't even make it into the launch (which was delayed over and over) makes me think they half assed it and/or really didn't know what they were doing with DX10.
  2. purplerat said:
    My guess would be poor programming. AoC was supposed to be DX10 from the ground up but ended up launching without actually having DX10. I didn't even play the game long enough for the DX10 patch to come out, but the fact that it was supposed to be a staple of the game and didn't even make it into the launch (which was delayed over and over) makes me think they half assed it and/or really didn't know what they were doing with DX10.

thats true, even though i didn't play this game since start, i heard from many players that it has a terrible launch and was basically released half finished and full of bugs.

honestly, now it is not buggy at all, it is as any other game... but maybe DX10 is not finished yet as you said, so for now im just gonna stick with DX9.
    thanks !
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Video Games