Devil May Cry 4_Disappointed

oceanfury

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Was a fan of the original DMC. Since buying a PS3 i thought i would give the newest title in the franchise a try. Although there are some cool things about the game i like, i want to point out some annoyances:

1.) The same bloody battle music everytime im forced to fight a mob. Currently im on mission 9 and am annoyed.

2.) Extremely linear. Of course im a MMO gamer at heart so after switching back to a console game such as DMC4 maybe my frustration is understandable.

3.) Voice acting is lame. (Yet another reason why american voice acting should be left out entirely.)

Paid $24 for a used copy of this game at Gamestop because i dont have a videostore nearby to rent it. Otherwise i wouldnt have bought it. To give this game some credit, the boss fight at end of Mission 2 was extremely cool & graphics are cool running on 720p. (I have a 40' 1080p HDTV, however, im guessing 720p is the native setting DMC4 runs on.)

oceanfury

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Yeah the native res appears to be 720. Ive toyed with the settings to no avail. I dont know, maybe it would run on 1080p res if my tv was bigger than 40". Who knows?

The style of play in DMC series has appealed to me in the same way the style of play in God of War series has appealed to me. (Cool story, sweet moves, & epic boss fights) I cannot and wont try to compare DMC to Castlevania series. Two very different concepts.

DMC 1 is the best and its worth owning. DMC 2 sucked. DMC 3 is a good rental as is #4. Definitely pick you up a copy of the original DMC. You'll be glad you did.