A7v333 booting off of raid

zible

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2003
Not sure if this has already been talked about, haven't found anything yet so thought I would post a question.

I am trying to setup the A7v333 so that it has 4 harddrives connected to the promise raid controller, that works. But I cann't figure out how to get the thing to boot off of one of the drives.

The whole reason is that me ide cables are long enough to go from CDR to hdd, so my burner and player are on the same cable. If I get this to work I can put me burner on my primary, me dvd on secondary, and me 4 hard drives on promise1 and promise2, If I can only get the thing to boot off of it.

Do I have to kill me system drive and start over, or is there something simple I am missing?

zwaarst

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
In your bios you have to set yout primary boot divece to scsi
But i need some more info, like In witch mode are you using it ?? I understood you connected a cd-writer to it ( I can be wrong beceause my english is not to wel)
I i may give you a hint. the best thing is to put all you normal stuf on the onboard IDE ports an use your promise only for the raid aray. (but maby you already did it and I understood you wrong), still u have to set you bios on scsi to boot from the promise card.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by zwaarst on 07/03/03 09:03 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

TRENDING THREADS