Razer Salmosa: Why Would I Get One?

r_manic

Administrator
Anyone here actually go out of their way to buy a gaming mouse? Personally, I wouldn't spend extra money on such a thing—I'd be equally piss-poor in counterstrike either way—but if I did decide to get one, would the Razer Salmosa ($40) be a good buy?

shubham1401

Distinguished
I have a generic mouse "QHMPL Quantum series" which I bought 4 years for roughly 5$ for gaming.

Runs great.
If it dies then I will buy such gaming mouse.I wanna feel how good they are for gaming.

tobensg

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
I recently picked up a Salmosa for £14, which to me was a bargain. Good mouse, comfortable and responsive, but doesn't make me any better in FPS games!

DeeTee_uk

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
I got a G5 because I needed a new mouse, and as my girlfriend said "You're going to use it all the time, you might as well get yourself a good one". Gawd bless 'er. I'm glad I did, because it's more comfy after extended use, but I wouldn't say it's a "must have". Probably worth it if, like me, you spend far too much time playing games.

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006

Amen to that. Dollars per use, the best gaming investment I ever made. Considering the yearly average I spend on other gaming products, $50 for a mouse that has lasted 4 years is nothing. I have the original version and I've been tempted to by the newer one now I'll probably grab the g500. Besides the comfort and performance my favorite feature is the on-the-fly DPI adjustments. Even within the same game there can sometimes be a need for different levels of precision/speed. I don't think the extra buttons make me anybody (or at least I never really thought much about it) but the biggest benefit I get from them is not having to contort my keyboard hand to hit every key I need for a particular game. Just remapping a few of those keys that should be out of the way of normal strokes but still need to be hit quickly to a mouse button has really save me on a lot of aching left hands.

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006

Did you really read any of the posts in this thread? Really?

Nobody here is claiming it makes them better. It's about comfort, style and ease of use.

r_manic

Administrator
Great points guys, specially the one about paying good money for what you'll use for hours and hours anyway. Guess the only way I can figure out which mouse is best to head to the store and try 'em out! Thanks guys :D

Absolutly. Not having to reach across for various buttons leaves fingers closer to movement keys. Plus, mice with higher DPI rates allow for percise control over how much moving the mouse moves a character.