Sign in with
Your question

Abit IC7 onboard sound or SB Live?

Last response: in Motherboards
July 3, 2003 7:56:25 PM

I searched the forum for the answer for this MB but couldn't find an answer. I have an old SB Live and don't know if I should use that or the onboard sound. Any suggestions?

Thanks
July 4, 2003 2:29:34 AM

if your onboard sound card is NOT the APU from nVidia nForce2 (SoundStorm), then use your SB Live
July 4, 2003 4:15:01 AM

All I know about is its the Realtek AC'97
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
July 4, 2003 4:48:03 AM

The onboard sound is OK and has newer features than your Live, but you'll probably find slightly better audio quality and slightly lower system overhead with the Live card.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>
July 4, 2003 5:00:32 AM

Any of those features important? All I'd be using it for is to play a few mp3s and play games. I'm guessing for that I'd have a hard time telling the difference between the 2?
a b V Motherboard
July 4, 2003 6:37:53 AM

Post deleted by Crashman
July 4, 2003 5:01:54 PM

actually mine is the non-G. When you said features I thought you meant sound features. :) 
a b V Motherboard
July 4, 2003 5:44:23 PM

Sorry, I was answering a question for another post (yes, I get mixed up sometimes). Let me try this again. The new features of the onboard sound are things you might not miss, the biggest thing is that it probably supports more sound channels.

I hope you don't mind if I delete my last post, as it was intended for another poster, in another forum, asking about the IS7 and IS7-G.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>
!