Abit IC7 onboard sound or SB Live?

I searched the forum for the answer for this MB but couldn't find an answer. I have an old SB Live and don't know if I should use that or the onboard sound. Any suggestions?

Thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about abit onboard sound live
  1. if your onboard sound card is NOT the APU from nVidia nForce2 (SoundStorm), then use your SB Live
  2. All I know about is its the Realtek AC'97
  3. The onboard sound is OK and has newer features than your Live, but you'll probably find slightly better audio quality and slightly lower system overhead with the Live card.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>
  4. Any of those features important? All I'd be using it for is to play a few mp3s and play games. I'm guessing for that I'd have a hard time telling the difference between the 2?
  5. Post deleted by Crashman
  6. actually mine is the non-G. When you said features I thought you meant sound features. :)
  7. Sorry, I was answering a question for another post (yes, I get mixed up sometimes). Let me try this again. The new features of the onboard sound are things you might not miss, the biggest thing is that it probably supports more sound channels.

I hope you don't mind if I delete my last post, as it was intended for another poster, in another forum, asking about the IS7 and IS7-G.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards