cannot send or recieve?

May 20, 2005 7:10:05 PM

hi all,
when i try to use my OE e-mail i get this error message, The server
responded with an error. Account: 'blueyonder.co.uk', Server:
'blueyonder.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy
Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90. can anyone give me
assistance, there is a e-mail i need to recieve which has been sent to this
addy. i use hotmail normally. thank you

More about : send recieve

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 11:46:12 PM

See if blueyonder has a Web access page for your email.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"RobLee" <RobLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi all,
> when i try to use my OE e-mail i get this error message, The server
> responded with an error. Account: 'blueyonder.co.uk', Server:
> 'blueyonder.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy
> Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
> Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90. can anyone give me
> assistance, there is a e-mail i need to recieve which has been sent to
> this
> addy. i use hotmail normally. thank you
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 12:30:24 AM

Hi,

Doesn't look like it's on your end, you need to contact the mail server
provider.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"RobLee" <RobLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi all,
> when i try to use my OE e-mail i get this error message, The server
> responded with an error. Account: 'blueyonder.co.uk', Server:
> 'blueyonder.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy
> Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
> Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90. can anyone give me
> assistance, there is a e-mail i need to recieve which has been sent to
> this
> addy. i use hotmail normally. thank you
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 4:11:07 AM

Check the POP3 details. I've never used blue yonder but should it be
blueyonder.co.uk? That may be latter part of yuor email address but usually
the POP3 ends in .net or similar. For example I use virgin. My POP3 is
pop.virgin.net. The SMTP is smtp.virgin.net. Other ISP's use the format
(POP3) mail.yourisp.net (where 'yourisp' is the name of the isp you are
with. If either the pop3 or smtp addresses are incorrect then outlook
express will not be able to access the emails neither will your AVG anti
virus application.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert