how to remove screen with welcome text (not log on screen)

May 21, 2005 12:01:41 AM

I successfully turned off the screen that had the user accounts log on
on it, but there is still a blue screen that says "welcome" on it that
appears momentarily. Can I turn that off?
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 10:14:19 AM

Hi,

No, you can't as you're still logging into an account - you have to in order
to use the system. What you've done is just set an autologon, the system
will still go to a logon screen at boot. It just now enters the information
for you and does the logon automatically.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"sir" <sirzooass@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I successfully turned off the screen that had the user accounts log on
> on it, but there is still a blue screen that says "welcome" on it that
> appears momentarily. Can I turn that off?

Anonymous
May 21, 2005 6:52:18 PM

Thanks for your reply! Can I change the way it looks using a theme or
something?
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 11:51:48 PM

Hi,

Perhaps with some third party product, but nothing native to Windows.

--

!