How to delete from Start/Run drop-down menu?

How can I delete one item from the Start / Run
drop-down menu?

Usually, I can highlight the item and press the
Delete key. But that does not seem to work in
the Start / Run drop-down menu.

I would prefer to "surgically delete" only the
one item.

But if that is not possible, how to clear the
entire Start / Run drop-down menu?

Hi,

Start/run regedit, go to this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU

Look in the right pane for the unwanted string, click on it and delete it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:
> Start/run regedit, go to this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU
> Look in the right pane for the unwanted string, click on it and
delete it.

Worked great! Thanks. I had to log out and log in again
before I saw the change.

(I neglected to say I have XP Pro SP2, if that makes a
difference.)