Sign in with
Your question

Red ring of death fixed, now i just the center green light turns on

Last response: in Video Games
August 30, 2009 9:23:28 PM

Hey guys,
I just recently had the red ring of death and i was able to fix it by removing the X clip and directly bolted the heat sink by using screws. The red lights are gone. Now when i turn on my xbox only the center green light turns on. It's not flashing its just a solid light. I dont have the audio video cable and i dont have any controllers connected and no HD. So what do you guys think? Did i fix it? Can anyone try turning on their xbox 360 with out the controller, HD, A/V cable and tell me what happens?
Thanks in advance.
September 1, 2009 5:05:41 PM

Not at home so I cannot try but I can't help wonder where your controllers/cables went? I can try when I get home if no one else has but...where did yours go?
September 1, 2009 5:32:33 PM

my friend gave me his broken xbox with just the power cord. If i could fix it i could keep it
Related resources
September 1, 2009 5:51:51 PM

Makes sense, I will try when I get home this evening and let you know if no one else has already done so.
September 1, 2009 6:12:13 PM

ah nevermind, i just got the A/V cable, i plugged it in and then i got a E73 Error. I give up.
September 1, 2009 6:31:09 PM

E73: I/O Hardware Error - Couldn't calibrate HSIO Bus from edram: this error is likely caused by a problem with the Ethernet port or supporting control devices
September 1, 2009 7:19:13 PM

pakardbell486dx2 said:
my friend gave me his broken xbox with just the power cord. If i could fix it i could keep it

*cough* Stolen... *cough* :sol: 
September 1, 2009 7:24:57 PM

That is such an easy thing to say. X)
September 1, 2009 7:25:48 PM

If it was stolen it would not likely have an E73, I don't think that was a fair assumption tukissed1
September 1, 2009 7:29:30 PM

well i am going to buy the pro holiday edition, i heard it has the jasper revision on it.
250 US dollars plus .0955% sales tax. look for 12.1 amps on the box and that will tell you its the jasper
September 1, 2009 9:16:56 PM

That is some high sales tax! (I assume you meant 9.55%??)
September 2, 2009 3:59:42 PM

lats I heard or read recently was that xbox 360 failure rate is over 50%.... followed by PS4 18/19% and Wii 6%

seems MS need a beter revision on the cooling issues - I think Lian Li or someone working with them did a custom enclosure / cooling solution, though this was pricey for a complete system (£399)
September 5, 2009 8:54:11 AM

After you take the 360 apart to fix the 3 red rings u need to reset the system by wrapping a 3 to 4 towels around the system to make it over heat. This in a way resets the system. If you tried to hook it straight up to the net without the towel trick good chance Microsoft will ban the xbox from live.
September 5, 2009 2:20:09 PM

Not sure how hooking up a faulty Xbox to the net would get it banned ? anyway I heard about the towel trick - forces the system to reset the thermal sensor / trip.

September 5, 2009 7:08:05 PM

ulysses35 said:
Not sure how hooking up a faulty Xbox to the net would get it banned ? anyway I heard about the towel trick - forces the system to reset the thermal sensor / trip.

I tried that with my brother in-laws xbox 360. Worked the first time but not subsequent times. He eventually sent it back to M$ and got it replaced.
!