Sign in with
Your question

Am i screwed in oblivion??!!

Last response: in Video Games
Anonymous
August 31, 2009 7:38:16 AM

i have killed pretty much every shopkeeper in cyrodil is there anyway to make them come back without restarting??????????

More about : screwed oblivion

August 31, 2009 10:30:00 AM

What, no monsters left? Or do you have a thing about shopkeepers? I agree, they can be a bit irksome, but seriously... ;-)

Honestly though, I have no idea. Do other characters respawn after you've slaughtered them?
August 31, 2009 1:12:03 PM

This is the only problem about a game that gives you the freedom to murder whoever you like. Sometimes, you might need those people! if you can find what each individual character is called, you might be able to spawn them in the console. Apart from that, I think it's back to the start.
Related resources
September 1, 2009 2:52:35 AM

I know monsters all respawn after ~3 days, I'd say shopkeepers do, too. "Wait" a few in-game days and see if any reappear.
September 1, 2009 3:40:55 PM

No, they don't respawn. You have to use the console with the code of every shopkeeper you need (use the construction set to find out the codes) to spawn them again. However doing this will probably create a lot of bugs, since in the saved game data they are dead.

If you want a bug free experience you will have to start again or use a previous save where the shopkeepers you need are still alive.
September 1, 2009 5:01:41 PM

selea is right, you eitehr have to reload to a time before your killing spree or use a console command + code to bring them back. If you can find the bodies, then you can bring up the console, click on the body and type 'resurrect' and that will bring whatever you selected back to life...including baddies. If you are on an xbox....reload.
Anonymous
September 1, 2009 8:35:41 PM

hey thanks guys yall were a great help but now i have another question where can i buy a lot of grand soul gems and what creatures have a grand soul!!!!!???
September 1, 2009 10:48:45 PM

I never got screwed in Oblivion, what did I miss?

AC
September 1, 2009 11:25:46 PM

ac3144 said:
I never got screwed in Oblivion, what did I miss?

AC

He was saying that he was screwed because he could no longer buy or sell items since he killed all of the shop keepers.
September 2, 2009 3:23:33 AM

Major7up said:
He was saying that he was screwed because he could no longer buy or sell items since he killed all of the shop keepers.

I think he was talking about fornication.....
September 2, 2009 3:35:00 AM

j_chatelain said:

LOL, perhaps. But as he was referring to shop-keepers and he had killed them all...who would be left to fornicate with? Unless he did so with a sheep...(Jay and Silent Bob strike back reference)
September 2, 2009 5:23:17 AM

j_chatelain said:

Indeed...it was a joke. A poor joke maybe, but a joke none the less.

AC
September 2, 2009 5:36:58 AM

Just try getting a trader mod that adds more traders...
Anonymous
September 2, 2009 4:46:00 PM

I havve an xbox I can't mod
September 23, 2009 2:59:32 PM

Quote:
Grand soul gems are rare, only a human(oid) can fill one.

I think you're thinking of black soul gems.
September 23, 2009 3:19:43 PM

your only hope is to repent.
September 24, 2009 6:49:14 AM

Black soul gems?, I don't recall any Motown classics in Oblivion.
September 24, 2009 5:28:48 PM

Well, if you type this into the console

player.placeatme <Form ID>

After clicking on the bodies the might come back alive (I'm not too sure).

If for some reason the corpses are gone (I can't remember if they're deleted after a time) and you can't get their form id, you can find it all here at this website. You just need need software that can read .xls (such as excel).

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Oth...
September 25, 2009 12:01:14 AM

Oww! **rubs head**
September 25, 2009 12:54:43 AM

mavanhel said:
Well, if you type this into the console

player.placeatme <Form ID>

After clicking on the bodies the might come back alive (I'm not too sure).

If for some reason the corpses are gone (I can't remember if they're deleted after a time) and you can't get their form id, you can find it all here at this website. You just need need software that can read .xls (such as excel).

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Oth...

He has an xbox, he cannot use console commands. This was previously recommended.
September 25, 2009 2:38:30 AM

Woops! Ok, he's screwed :p .
October 1, 2009 6:20:25 PM

mavanhel said:
Woops! Ok, he's screwed :p .

this does bring up a good point though...why can't we get some kind of console in the console versions of games like this? I mean, how do they test it thoroughly without one? Can't we use the standard on-screen text input? C'mon developers, make it easier for us to cheat on consoles!!!
!