HELP! Diablo i crashes in XP

Hi, I love playing Diablo I on my Windows XP Professional. I have 2 - 35gb
UltraWide 2 SCSI Hard Drives, 500MB Memory, updated 1.09 patch for the game.
But it keeps locking up on my and crashing. Then it sends me to a Blue
Screen that says something about a Memory error . All my drivers are as
current as I can make them, several years old.

So how can I get this game to run in WIN XP??? Please help

Thanks

minstrel80232

minstrel80232@comcast.net
5 answers Last reply
More about help diablo crashes

    On that special day, Rory, (minstrel80232@comcast.net) said...

    > I have 2 - 35gb
    > UltraWide 2 SCSI Hard Drives

    in Raid? Maybe D1 doesn't work well with that.

    Gabriele Neukam

    Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

    just so, at no cost.

    MM, never thought about a conflict with my Raid System, mm could be. My
    theory is that I might have processes running in the background I didn't
    disable

    Does anybody know what processes in WIN XP should be on, and left ALONE????

    Minstrel80232

    "Gabriele Neukam" <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:d9hcph$pe8$03$1@news.t-online.com...
    > On that special day, Rory, (minstrel80232@comcast.net) said...
    >
    >> I have 2 - 35gb
    >> UltraWide 2 SCSI Hard Drives
    >
    > in Raid? Maybe D1 doesn't work well with that.
    >

    > Gabriele Neukam
    >
    > Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de
    >

    > --
    > Ah, Information. A property, too valuable these days, to give it away,
    > just so, at no cost.

    Unlikely, D1 shoudn't notice this, since it's masked by the drivers (XP).

    On 24-Jun-2005, "Rory" <minstrel80232@comcast.net> wrote:

    > Does anybody know what processes in WIN XP should be on, and left
    > ALONE????

    Heh, that is the 64 thousand dollar question.
    www.google.com
    Type unknown process names into the above and you usually can get a fair
    idea (of what they should be) by just reading what comes up, without even
    following any of the links.
    --
    Not 1337.

    "Ralf Baumhoefer" <fcbayern_owp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > "Gabriele Neukam" <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> schrieb im
    > Newsbeitrag news:d9hcph$pe8$03$1@news.t-online.com...
    > > On that special day, Rory, (minstrel80232@comcast.net) said...
    > >
    > >> I have 2 - 35gb
    > >> UltraWide 2 SCSI Hard Drives
    > >
    > > in Raid? Maybe D1 doesn't work well with that.
    > >

    > > Gabriele Neukam
    > >
    > > Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de
    > >

    > > --
    > > Ah, Information. A property, too valuable these days, to give it away,
    > > just so, at no cost.
    >
    > Unlikely, D1 shoudn't notice this, since it's masked by the drivers (XP).

    Diablo (with and without Hellfire) works perfectly fine on my Win2kServer
    system which uses hardware-level raid-0. I cant comment if your using
    software raid though... but as far as Im aware... Diablo doesn't low-level
    access the HDD and instead relies on your OS to open files for it like most
    other programs.

    Im not sure if it works on my girlfriends WinXP machine though as I dont
    have the game to test it anymore :¬/

    --
    Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
    (Please reply to group only)