HELP! Diablo i crashes in XP

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 24, 2005 2:35:27 AM

Hi, I love playing Diablo I on my Windows XP Professional. I have 2 - 35gb
UltraWide 2 SCSI Hard Drives, 500MB Memory, updated 1.09 patch for the game.
But it keeps locking up on my and crashing. Then it sends me to a Blue
Screen that says something about a Memory error . All my drivers are as
current as I can make them, several years old.

So how can I get this game to run in WIN XP??? Please help

Thanks

minstrel80232

minstrel80232@comcast.net

More about : diablo crashes

Anonymous
June 24, 2005 10:36:34 PM

On that special day, Rory, (minstrel80232@comcast.net) said...

> I have 2 - 35gb
> UltraWide 2 SCSI Hard Drives

in Raid? Maybe D1 doesn't work well with that.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.
June 24, 2005 10:36:35 PM

MM, never thought about a conflict with my Raid System, mm could be. My
theory is that I might have processes running in the background I didn't
disable

Does anybody know what processes in WIN XP should be on, and left ALONE????

Minstrel80232

"Gabriele Neukam" <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> wrote in message
news:D 9hcph$pe8$03$1@news.t-online.com...
> On that special day, Rory, (minstrel80232@comcast.net) said...
>
>> I have 2 - 35gb
>> UltraWide 2 SCSI Hard Drives
>
> in Raid? Maybe D1 doesn't work well with that.
>

> Gabriele Neukam
>
> Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de
>

> --
> Ah, Information. A property, too valuable these days, to give it away,
> just so, at no cost.
June 24, 2005 11:24:34 PM

"Gabriele Neukam" <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:D 9hcph$pe8$03$1@news.t-online.com...
> On that special day, Rory, (minstrel80232@comcast.net) said...
>
>> I have 2 - 35gb
>> UltraWide 2 SCSI Hard Drives
>
> in Raid? Maybe D1 doesn't work well with that.
>

> Gabriele Neukam
>
> Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de
>

> --
> Ah, Information. A property, too valuable these days, to give it away,
> just so, at no cost.

Unlikely, D1 shoudn't notice this, since it's masked by the drivers (XP).
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 9:01:02 AM

On 24-Jun-2005, "Rory" <minstrel80232@comcast.net> wrote:

> Does anybody know what processes in WIN XP should be on, and left
> ALONE????

Heh, that is the 64 thousand dollar question.
www.google.com
Type unknown process names into the above and you usually can get a fair
idea (of what they should be) by just reading what comes up, without even
following any of the links.
--
Not 1337.
Anonymous

"Ralf Baumhoefer" <fcbayern_owp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Gabriele Neukam" <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:D 9hcph$pe8$03$1@news.t-online.com...
> > On that special day, Rory, (minstrel80232@comcast.net) said...
> >
> >> I have 2 - 35gb
> >> UltraWide 2 SCSI Hard Drives
> >
> > in Raid? Maybe D1 doesn't work well with that.
> >

> > Gabriele Neukam
> >
> > Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de
> >

> > --
> > Ah, Information. A property, too valuable these days, to give it away,
> > just so, at no cost.
>
> Unlikely, D1 shoudn't notice this, since it's masked by the drivers (XP).

Diablo (with and without Hellfire) works perfectly fine on my Win2kServer
system which uses hardware-level raid-0. I cant comment if your using
software raid though... but as far as Im aware... Diablo doesn't low-level
access the HDD and instead relies on your OS to open files for it like most
other programs.

Im not sure if it works on my girlfriends WinXP machine though as I dont
have the game to test it anymore :¬/

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)